Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Moving a sprite with the arrow keys

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2004 22:13
Hello,

I am interested in know how to move a sprite with the arrow keys and also when it goes offscreen make it come back on the other side of the screen.

Thanks,

Vince
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2004 22:49 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2004 22:57
Vinnie,

You started off so great with your first post.
Stay away from posting the same question in multiple boards. It makes things confusing, ticks people off, and will not help you get a good reply, and disrupts the ability for someone else who might have the same problem from following the thread, or referencing it at another time. Especially if I try to search for it by topic name.

Example: This same question is posted in the DarkBasicPro board. Now what if someone else already posted a reply there? If i was going to reply, I would have to go to that thread to see if your problem has already been adressed (*Which I, and most people here aren't going to do.) Or if I didn't know it was posted somewhere else, I might spend time explaining a solution to a problem that is already be solved. I haven't checked the "2D all the way" board yet, but I am suspecting it will also contain this post. As you can see this just multiplies the prolem. Lastly, If someone does post a reply they may not be able to follow up on it.

Don't worry too much. We all make mistakes.
If you have any other questions about posting policies there is a sticky thread in the "New to Dark Basic" board.

*This time, I will check the other posts, and if your question wasn't solved I will post something tonight in the thread that has the most info. If they are open. Most likely a MOD is going to lock the threads, perhaps they will be able to determine which one is the best to keep.

No budget games
Years of Service
User Offline
use the move sprite command
example
if UPKEY()=1 then ROTATE SPRITE 1, Angle you want
move sprite 1, velocity or speed you want
urm im not quite sure about going of the screen and coming back on the other side maybe you could use a delete sprite and create sprite command

sj

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 11:26:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 11:26:32