Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / dbspot help (sorry to ask)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 01:05
Hey all,
Right I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask for help about dbspot but there's so many of you use it surely someone can help. Normally when I enter my dbspot web addy I get to that page called index of / which displays everything I've uploaded. I've now uploaded my webpage and put it in one of the folders. I've been told that if I wanted to go straigt to my website when I typed the addy in I'd have to call it index.html or something like that. Anyway I've called just about everything I can index.html but to no avail. Still when I type in my addy I get greeted with an index of all the files I've uploaded instead of my website. If anyone can help please say.

WAS DOING AN FPS BUT RAN AWAY AND STARTED ON MISSILE COMMAND INSTEAD.
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 01:14 Edited at: 4th Jun 2004 01:15
um think you need to keep you main page outside of the folder and just link everything into the folder using the correct urls for example your page is www.monkeybutt.dpspot.com
then after you upload your page it will be www.monkeybutt.dpspot.com/.html or whatever you call your main page
then just link your downloads or next page calls to the urls. like you have a demo.zip in demo folder then it would be www.monkeybutt.dpspot.com/demo/demo.zip guess you could keep your main page in the folder but your just adding to the url you would have to give it like www.monkeybutt.com/dpspot/folder/.html or .mainpage or whatever you call it.
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 01:26
Yeah, you have folders called index.html and index.htm which contain your website's files (including index.html)

Browsers are looking for individual files named index.html/.htm or whatever the server says is default. Just take the files out of one of those folders and put it in the root directory. In fact, i'll do it for you so you know what i'm talking about

There all better

----

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 01:26
index.html works for me. You might want to try pressing the refresh button in your browser after you rename the file.

can i scream
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 17:22
Thanks for that everyone, code2kill is now online

WAS DOING AN FPS BUT RAN AWAY AND STARTED ON MISSILE COMMAND INSTEAD.
Blue Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Code2kill that's a cool site. I liked the way you have mixed humour into your pages.

Quote: "I claim no responseability for anyone who is bored to death during the reading of the following material."
lol.

Glad to hear you have your website up and running,

Mike

Visit the Code Monkey's website at http://www.codemonkeystudios.tk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:31:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:31:48