Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / A Few Pre-Purchase Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay. I was originally going to purchase The 3D GameMaker only. Now, I am thinking about purchasing the 3DGM & DBC Bundle value pack, so that I can sort of get my feet wet in T3DGM while working through the DBC manual and making simple games in DB, then eventually creating my own things in Dark Basic.

Here are my questions: 1)DBC does come with a book manual right? 2)If so, is the manual good for someone who has no prior programming experience, is it to the point? 3)How easy is DB to learn?

Thanks.

[p4 3ghz w/ht, 512 mb dual channel ddr sdram, 256 mb ati radeon 9800 xt, audigy 2.]
DarkSin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 08:46
My only suggestion is this. Forget 3d Game maker and purchase darkbasic clasic or preferably darkbasic pro. Why? Not that hard to learn, and allot more powerful then 3d game maker.

DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
1) yes, and there's another book for learning (sold separatedly)
2) yep
3) depending on your knowledge, but for most people is very easy to learn

Also, as DarkSin said, forget 3DGM, that's for people who don't like to code a lot, if you like to code and have more flexibility, buy DB or DBPro, or DB + DarkMatter

(I'm not saying that 3DGM is bad, it's that it's more oriented to people who doesn't like to code a lot, that's all )

:: Pentium 300 Mhz, 8Mb video card, 64Mb RAM, 5 gb & 1.6 gb HD's, W98SE, Sound Blaster AWE 32 ::

http://darkguy.redgaming.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 11:27:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 11:27:55