Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Worst Games Of All-Time

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 17:55 Edited at: 4th Jun 2004 19:59
WHEN VIDEO-GAMES GO WRONG!!!

What was the worst *console video-game you ever played?
{*I chose console because at least a major company put there stamp of approval on it. You can post PC game titles, especially if it's from a major design company/team. I just wanted to stay away from all the baragain bin trashware titles that grandma bought you, but some of those may be funny as well. So heck Post Anything.}

Or which game were you lured into purchasing by marketing and/or screenshots, box art, hype, reviews etc... that left you feeling like you were scammed?

The first one that comes to mind was E.T. for the atari 2600. Not just because of the lackluster graphics, this game was the most boring thing I have ever seen. I'll find a screenshot and a review of it, becasue there is just too much to be said about how aweful this game? actually was. The only thing I could wish for, was that after I fell into a pit, the FBI agent would burry me alive. GamePlay? I'm still not sure if there was gameplay. - Zenassem

Orwell ("1984") may have seen this games coming...

Quote: "It's also been said that this cart single handedly started the great video game crash of 1984. -Unknown source, anonymous"

It contained every conceivable thing that can make a vide-game bad.

Here are some reviews and Screenshots:
The Title Screen:

20% of the game you will playing? on sreens like this

20% You'll be (throwing E.T./accidentally falling) into holes like this hoping to break E.T.'s neck.
Add an additional 50% of game play trying to get out of the hole.

Here's The Highlite of the game:

Quote: "As many have noticed, the vast majority of the effort poured, or dripped as the case may be, into E.T. was spent on the opening title screen. Pretty impressive stuff for the 2600, but the game was much more satisfying if one never got past that title screen."

ET The Extra-Terrestrial (Atari 1982) F Review
5/15/2001

Quote: "A spectacular sales failure for Atari, E.T. cartridges - according to legend - were returned to Atari in such overwhelming numbers that five million copies were crushed and buried in a New Mexico landfill. E.T. programmer Howard Scott Warshaw, who also programmed the vastly superior Raiders Of The Lost Ark game and the all-time classic Yars' Revenge, disputes that claim, though; while he admits that the game didn't go over well, Warshaw doesn't think that the destroyed inventory was anywhere near five million copies."

Resources:
http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=157
http://www.thelogbook.com/phosphor/atari26/q0-00/et.html
http://www.atarinvader.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=88

Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 18:13
I don't know about console game, but the worst PC game I've ever played was Black and White. What an utter waste of money.

www.ShrikeSoftware.com
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 18:20 Edited at: 4th Jun 2004 18:21
Enter The Matrix on the PC was poor (okay on the XBOX though). Bandana City on the C64 was awful... Siren City was irritiaing.
The Human Race was awful too.

The place for wonderful plug-ins and things.
Keep your friends close, and your cats even closer.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 18:52
Quote: "The Human Race was awful too"

I take it your plan for world domination is based on these feelings , just what do you have planned for us

worst game (since I never owned a "toy" console) would be War of the Worlds" , a Jeff Wayne tie in thingy that I bought in fit of enthusiasm and gave away the following week, the company was called rage software, got me frothing at the mouth enough it did, livid would be closer, the best part of the game was the rendered intro sequences, worst strategy game ever, took ages to swap screens and you where always swapping screens to do anything due to the "hey! lets split the vital controls over several screens" metality, I swear that reflecting the data for the screens at the moon in morse then getting the rendered screen sent from the receiving station by carrier pigeon would be faster

Mentor.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, Nvidia FX5900 gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster, ups.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 18:55
Quote: "just what do you have planned for us "

That would spoil the surprise if I told you, wouldn't it ?

Cyberflame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 19:00
Black and White was a pretty good game.

UNTIL I FOUND OUT THAT MY 30$WAS WASTED ON A GAME WITH AN UNFIXABLE BUG IN THE END. IF I COULD I WOULD GO OVER THERE AND BEAT THEM ALL SILLY> THE BEST PART WAS THINKING THAT " AT LEAST THE MULTIPLAYER WOULD BE GOOD" NO IT WASNT! THERE WAS ONLY ONE PERSON PLAYING. I COULD HAVE GOTTEN DIABLO OR SOMETHING WITH THAT 30$! I SHOULD HAVE PIRATED IT AND JUST GIVEN THE CDS BACK TO WALMART.

As you can see. This game made me kinda angry.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 19:01
Kain,
No way dude, I've played far far worse games than Black and White - perhaps that would get my 'Most overatted everything' award though .

You know, there's about a million copies of E.T. dumped in a desert somewhere - Atari made about a million more copies than there were 2600's out there!, so they had to dump them all. Gen up, maybe Rich will confirm this .

The worst game I played recently was Hellboy, but it's fairly dated so don't go avoiding the games that come after the new movie.

But, my all time most hated game has to be Booga-Boo 'The Flea' on the C64, game makes me wanna gouge my own eyes out it's so frustrating!.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 19:03
I remember a PC titled called Hard Truck.
What a joke! That game tounge-lashed a huge sweaty smelly pimple-covered arse.

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.2 - NOW WITH VARIABLE WATCHER! * Click Logo
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 19:24 Edited at: 4th Jun 2004 19:48
Here's a few images of games mentioned.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
C64's Booga-boo 'The Flea'

I liked this game for its original idea, graphics and animation, but hated for its difficulty. Everytime i fell into a pit I was very close to become crazy!- Predseda

Another game with falling into a pit. Games with pits = The Pitts????
----------------------------------------------------------------------

C64 Bandana City

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Big Brother

source GamersHell.com

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 19:30
God that brings back memories...

...dark and disturbing memories!

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 19:33
I liked Black & White alot, i still play it; however Creature Island is longer and far better AI for your creature.
Also it doesn't seem to suffer the same bug as the original which prevents it from working if you have Norton Anti-Virus; did ask in the forum many many times why Creature Island did but the Original didn't, but the admins were annoyingly no help.

It's definately not a game for everyone though, it's like Final Fantasy... it really appeals to some and others just won't like it at all.

games i've found to be universally hated:
Spyro: Enter the Dragon
Big Brother (god forbid anyone else had the misfortune to load that up!!)

i know i have a few more but those are the only 2 i can ever thing of right away...

imo Enter the Matrix was quite good, the only reason alot of people found it bad was it was too short and really nothing amazing over Max Payne. Now whereas Max got away with being a crappy game because it was intentionally making fun of itself constantly; EtM was trying to actually be a serious game... i think that's what let it down more.

I never liked Short Circuit on the CPC64, not that it was particularly bad; but it was harder than MGS on Hard Mode; you go 2 rooms over and !zap! you were dead and have to wait another 5mins to load it... which was frustrating as hell, especially as it never game with a damn manual; just the basic movement buttons so you had to figure more of the game out as you went.

newbi 2 basic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 19:42
Eternal Ring PS2
Got it free with the PS2 when the PS2 was new....
omg its bad!
worst FPS....... ever!

it was just so bad and no real story (well from what i could work out) pretty much a ring and that was it you walked around looking for this ring. Fun! Fun FUN!

http://www.counterfeitcriminal.co.uk <--- Sons Of Angels Supports the fridge project.... Do you?
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 20:09
Spyro games are wonderful! How can you say its universally hated?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 20:19
Red Eye have you played Enter the Dragon?
my brother loves the rest of the series, but even he says that EtD just sucks worse than a leech.

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 20:26
Bass Avenger.

(Friend got a copy and sent it to PC Gamer to get it signed by Keiron Gillen)

Two strings walk into a bar. I'll have a pint says the first$%ASLDJ09920D"$"$D. Excuse my friend says the second, he isn't null terminated.
TheAbomb12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 20:35
Fantastic Four...Worst PS game ever...

Amist the Blue Skies...
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 20:40
I played 2 games on Atari growing up. ET and Basketball. 2 of the greatest games ever.

Black and White isn't bad, it just gets boring before you get off the first island.

Worst Game Ever: Animal Crossing... holy crap, take up half my memory card why don't you.

----

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 20:58 Edited at: 4th Jun 2004 21:07
I found this site while searching.
This guys reviews had me laughing out loud. I would hate to have him review one of my games. EGM agreed with E.T. being the worst.

http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/egm.htm

Here's a sample: White Men Can't Jump - Jaguar

A game about basketball so bad that some electricity might refuse to power it!!!

It's two on two basketball, which is is four players more than the programmers were ready to handle, and the camera has to constantly zoom in and out to keep all the players on the screen. I've found the game looks best if you zoom all the way out to somebody else's house where no one was stupid enough to buy an Atari Jaguar.

Thanks to the sloppy graphics and insane camera work, the hoop usually looks like a distant clump of Grape Nuts, so you can never tell whether you made a basket or not. The programmers seemed to know this, so to help you determine whether the ball went in, hardcore street basketball phrases appear at the top of the screen whenever you shoot. Unfortunately, the game developers must have hired 40 year old golfers at a French country club to write their hardcore street slang. When you throw up a shot, it screams nonsense like "BANGIN' UP HIGH THE HANDLE HOMEY BEEF!" Maybe that means that I made the shot or maybe it means "There is a tornado approaching the court, my friends. We should escape and your mother is a whore." I'll never know; the manual doesn't have a translation guide.So if like me, you don't come from whatever hip-hoppin' tough street that speaks this alien language, you have to try to decode "DOWN STREET ON THE FLIPFLOP TIMEPANTS!" on your own.

M00NSHiNE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 21:40
The Et rumour was true, they made more cartridges than they had sold machines, and ended up dumping them in a big hole in what I think was the Nevada desert. 2 of the worst games I played on console ever were both on PS1 - Hugo and Dreams. Infact anything that the French company Cryo made was terrible, I dont know who kept funding them but I distinctly remember every single game they released was truly awful.

Hugo - this was an insult to gaming. There was little or no player interaction, other than dodge left or right (there wasnt even scrolling, he just appeared at the left, centre or right. It was used ages ago (early nineties) on a UK gaming show on TV called Bad Influence, people would ring up and could play the game by using the keys on the phone. Im honest when I say that this is probably my most hated game (if you can refer to it as a game) EVER.

Dreams was the Cryo game, and apart from having virtually no gameplay factor the graphics were terrible. The game consisted of jumping (which wasnt particularly easy) or flying (which was actually a nice aspect which hasnt really been repeated) between floating platforms within the crazy environments of the minds of people who were dreaming. You played as a monk, woman in white hotpants (? Who was she?) or a big blue monster guy (also, no explanation for his presence) and had to use your fists feet or magic to combat the weird foes. The environments werent really dreamy (I dont remember dreaming of flying whales and yellow & red chequered platforms) and the gameplay mechanics just didnt work. It was still, however, preferable to playing Hugo.

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 21:48
Quote: "Worst Game Ever: Animal Crossing."

I still play that every day!

The worst game to come out this year would have to be Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing -- http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/bigrigsotrr/review.html

Gamespot gave it the lowest score ever.

Quote: " Big Rigs is a game so astoundingly bad that it manages to transcend nearly every boundary put forth by some of gaming's absolute worst of the worst and easily makes it into that dubiously extraordinary category of being one of the most atrocious games ever published."

Quote: "The basic idea in the actual game is that you pick one from four vaguely different trucks and then one from five vaguely different levels. You then compete against another truck in a simple checkpoint race. That's it. However, Big Rigs can't even get this basic concept right. The supposedly computer-controlled truck you're supposed to be racing against in the game never actually moves. It's right there next to you at the beginning of a race, but it has no purpose in the game. This is to say, actually, that none of the game's races have a purpose because there's no competition and no time limit. You win every single time. So unless you especially like seeing a winning-screen over and over again that reads "You're Winner!", there is absolutely no point in playing Big Rigs."

Apparently the cover has cops and stuff, but there aren't any in the game. You can also drive into the sky and be in nothingness! There are literally no sound effects, either. Hahaha!

Some of these companies should be sued for false advertising.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Bugaboo the flea wasn't too hard to complete. Maybe I had the speccy version.

The great Space race was the worst game ever. That was an Amiga game.

Worst Console game would be.....

Toca 1 on the PS1.. TOCA 2 was probably the best racing game on the PS1. So they made up for it. But in Toca 1 if you touched the grass you would spin around.

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 23:41
Quote: "C64's Booga-boo 'The Flea'"
Bugaboo was class! No way was that a bad game...

The follow up to Elite was the greatest let down of all time IMO.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 01:08 Edited at: 5th Jun 2004 02:40
@Jeku,

Now that is over-the-top bad. Just when I thought I have seen everything. I can't believe that anyone would release a game in that condition, in 2004. I've seen some 20 Liners here that are more complete. Even if it's priced at $4.99 it's still a rip-off.
What made it even worse - and I didn't believe it could get worse - is when I read how they described this game on the box, and the images that were used to market it.

I remeber back in the mid-late 80's when I would buy a game for the Atari65Xe because of the screenshots on the back, only to find out they were using screenshots from the C64. Man what a dissapointment. I saved up change to purchase "Mail-Order Monsters". The screenshots looked awesome. It had a pic of a godzills creature battiling another monster, wreaking havic on a city. The game had a lab where you up-grade your monster's attacks and add mutations.
When I finally saved up enough to purcase it, I loaded up and behold, all the graphics were reduced to Blobs. It looked like an Atari 2600 game. Looking over the box, in smallest possible print (they must have borrowed a Government Micro printer) it said, "*Screens from C64 version: May vary on other systems". That's when I learned May vary == So completely different that it's own mother wouldn't recognize it

Even though the Atari65xe and C64 were capable of producing the same graphics, unfortunately the Atari 400/800 were more popular and ports from other systems never took advantage of the 65XE upgrades. Also atari was a little more difficult to write "quality" cod for, so sometimes I think the coders got lazy.

Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 07:47
Worst game ever has to be... Resident Evil Rebirth! That bloody thing doesn't have any difficutly levels! I love the other ones, after a long day of getting pissed off, I could sit down and blow some zombies heads off in RE2. RErebirth was sooo boring. Creepy music, but nothing to kill without waisting your PERSIOUS BULLETS!

I also HATE with a passion those stupid WWE or WWF or WCW or [Insert meaningless accronym]. You always fight in the SAME arena with an asortment of truckers in bikinis, WAHOO! And guess what, NO GIRLS, that's what made Street fighter a success. As for cool moves, you could pick a guy up and though him.

It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)
Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 09:55
ET ROCKS!........................................ok maybe not
worst game i ever played is this game on a watch when you click up middle down as a fighting game

---Troan---
Do you know the meaning of life?
Well I do! ^^
Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
HARVEST MOON!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

[href]www.johnsgames.tk[/href]
Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 10:16
DONT MAKE FUN OF HARVEST MOON I GOT TO HIT MY COW WITH AN AXE FOR AN HOUR!!!!!! now dosnt that sound fun?

---Troan---
Well I do! ^^
TheAbomb12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 11:42
Beast Wars Transformers (PSX)
Blasto
Space Jam

Amist the Blue Skies...
flibX0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 17:59
Thing On A Spring - Commodore 64

Couldn't even pass the first bloody level. Frikkin irritaing

Game that has almost no reason to be remembered: Zero Wing. Its one of the game where you fly a space ship and get heaps of lasers and shot 7 million things at once. There were dozens of games exactly the same. Only one thing set this game apart: the intro cut scene that started an international revolution. You've all heard at least part of it:

I even have the shirt from thinkgeek

Arkheii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 18:15
Quote: "Eternal Ring PS2"

My brother got that from his classmate as a gift. I was so dissappointed that it was done by From Software. And I was high on Armored Core 3 that time...

Quote: "Blasto"

LOL that game sucked badly. Now that you mentioned it, the game kinda reminds me of JessTicular now (Not the sucking part )... with the aliens and whatnot.

As for Zero Wing, I print-screened one of the flash parodies and turned it into my phone's background image.

But since I'm not as old as the rest of you, I'd say that the worst game I've played is C&C Generals.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 18:22
The worst game of all time was Unreal. What a piece of crap. So overhyped too! Aggh. And then Quake 3, total bollocks, and all the cheap Unreal franchise followups which got progressively worse, unto the concentrated crapfest that is Unreal Tournament 2004.

Apart from that, Medieval: Total War really dissapointed me in its lack of strategy, tactics or good game design. Age of Empires II was also dissapointing for the same reasons and crapall graphics.

Then Morrowind. GAH! Don't even get me started. What a boring waste of time. Who wants to read 500,000 lines of NPC whining? The gibs didn't even look real. Almost as bad graphics and gameplay as the Thief series.

Best game I've ever played, though-- that'd have to be, hands down, Secret Service: Security Breach. You must play that game.

flibX0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 18:27
Quote: "I'd say that the worst game I've played is C&C Generals"

I KILL YOU INFEDEL!!!!!!! How dare you insult the mighty generals! It rules. And Zero Hour is even better.

Arkheii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 18:33
Nah, I'd have to admit that Generals had good technology. But I felt more happy with RA2. And they had better make another game based off the GDI vs. Nod story. Tiberian Sun was cool, even though it was so unbalanced.

flibX0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 18:39
Are you talking single or multi player? I agree that single is poor, but multiplayer is great. 2v2 on a giant map. Great fun.

Arkheii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 18:44 Edited at: 5th Jun 2004 18:48
I only play single player, or skirmish against the computer. I'm on cheap 56k and I suck at games anyway

I qualify for worst gamer of all time.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 22:51
The entire C&C series BIT. Graphics 2 years behind the times, unbalanced gameplay, archetypal superunits and pathetic voice acting... oh please! My dog could code a better game!

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 23:04
Quote: "Graphics 2 years behind the times"

Not at all

Quote: "unbalanced gameplay"

True - I can only beat the computer using China's super tanks...

Quote: "pathetic voice acting..."

I think its quite good.

Quote: "My dog could code a better game"

So, lets see what its made...

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 23:48
I'm gonna get flamed double for this... but i personally think the two worst games of all time are:

Final Fantasy X - What a huge piece of sh*t. The story, oh no in a unconcivible act, a guy who looks like a giant luigee named sin throws me into a new world. Oh boy i get to travel with this incrediblly hot girl through the world of spira while she try's to summon more aeons... inwhich praying for them wheres her out. Changing from every other Final Fantasy...has no real world map. now I go through these long ass maps and through a tacky slow ass turn based battle sequences.

<<<<Spoiler>>>>...kinda

My next worst game - Counter-Strike

I love to play counter-strike... i will admit that, cause it is addicting, like that stupid flash game fishy.

But the game it self is so f*cking bland and stupid. Disarm the bomb, save the hostages, or protect the VIP.

What else can i say, addicting, but very bland and stupid.

I might as well tell ya my favorite game of all time while on the subject of all time

Final Fantasy 8 - fast game play, awesome story, and memorable thing. There were huge citys to explore, and just good ol fashion ATB fun.

Now i know that your all saying "FF7 is better dumbass!!", well here is my theory on it. Final Fantasy 7 is the best RPG of all time for leading the way for many RPG's to come, creating a template. But Final Fantasy 8 is the greatest Final Fantasy of all time, for improving greatly on what FF7 did.

Anyway... I'll let you talk as you please.

--Eric

"I like you... when the world is mine, you death shall be quick and painless"

Former name : Liquidz_Snake
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 23:50
Apparently Sky Surfers was a pretty awful launch game for the PS2 (although I never bought it, why would I?).

http://www.midasinteractive.com/product_info.php?products_id=44&osCsid=8158c0006181d102b71b09ae2727da50

I got terminator 3 game, twas pretty rubbish also.

Athelon XP 1600+/Radeon 9600 Pro/256 RAM
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 00:03 Edited at: 6th Jun 2004 00:06
It probably is just cos I played FF7 first that I (and many other people) like it better. If I had played FF8 first I think I would have liked it more.

FFX was good I reckon, I'm not gonna flame, cos I don't think it was that good. The gameplay was a bit linear, and not long enough, and I agree the ending kinda sucked. Bit easier than the other FF games, which I reckon was a weak point.

Morrowind was really hyped by everyone, but I don't see the appeal, I never could get into it. You just walk around at snails pace with a stupid sword and get killed by oversized leaches (and nick stuff ). I never got anywhere further than that place with the separate islanded buildings with sewage works in them.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 00:45
Quote: "Morrowind was really hyped by everyone, but I don't see the appeal, I never could get into it. You just walk around at snails pace with a stupid sword and get killed by oversized leaches (and nick stuff ). I never got anywhere further than that place with the separate islanded buildings with sewage works in them."

Ye gods ... if you're at a snail's pace, it's because your character was designed that way! It's all up to you. Besides, it's realistic. Morrowind is popular because it's a true role-playing game with true freedom, a very engrossing plot and an incredibly detailed world, unlike the 'playable movie' final fantasy games.

CFC-> punk'd... yes, my above posts weren't serious

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 02:40
Was Morrowind on the Sega? I remember a game where you get killed by leec thingys, I never got past the first 3 screens!

~I see one problem with your reasoning: The fact is that is a chicken~
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 05:15 Edited at: 6th Jun 2004 05:17
Worse game ever, well it's a tie between just about every movie/tv show (survivor come on) tie in game released in the past 20 years, and quake

Kevin Picone
[url]www.underwaredesign.com[/url]
Play Nice! Play Basic
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 05:22
Well, it just didn't appeal to me. Maybe it was my fault for designing the character wrong .

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 05:41
can't say i've ever had much love for morrowind, but i don't think it's the worst ever either;

when you think of the worst games you actually have to think in terms of universally hated, not just a game type you don't personally like.

Quake is good because of the techology leap; there just wasn't anything like it previous, in terms of a)graphics or b)modifying.
It was generic mindless violence true; but so was doom... and really Quake's shining point was it's awesome multiplayer.
Only if you played it when it was first released when 28.8K (v.34) was the fastest modem on the market can you really grasp just how awesome quake's multiplayer engine was.

as for Final Fantasy; 10 and 10-2 were both good; in thier own way.
The battle system definately was easier to understand, easier to control and gave the game a better feel due to the way you battled.
personally it is the FF i like the least out of the entire series; because of the battle system ... but to someone who hasn't tried the others first, it was a very cool new approach.

From what Eric was saying; actually I fully believe that Final Fantasy 9 is the perfection on Final Fantasy 7; in terms of engine.
The story sucked though; it sucked harder than cartman's mom...
(the story in 10 & 10-2 are extremely simple, which really pissed me off about them; there are not subtlety to the stories or depth to the characters past what you see during the main game; which is very different to 7-9 which rely on making you figure out the characters on your own)

Final Fantasy 8; definately was the most novel of the series.
It had a fairly decent story, not amazing, not ground breaking but decent... the thing that lets it down but also makes it awesome is the new battle system and overly complex statistic system.

Although the battle system was firmly planted with FF roots they gave it a slight twist, where magic was drawn from things rather than used draining your magic power.
The more realistic and less animé style of the people and world; also really attributes to the games unique nature.

Best FF would be the Story from FF7, Gameplay from FF9, a few unique features from FF8 and the graphics of FF Crystal Chronicles;
That said personally I think Crystal Chronicles is simple THE best Final Fantasy... i know alot of fans don't even want to acknowlage it's existence (most fan sites don't!!); but it is without a doubt just pure class on simplifying the RPG to it's most raw state.

Quite frankly FFCC is exactly how online RPGs should look, act and play; as it runs rings around current MMORPGs imo; and the fact that it takes a number of friends to really have fun in it ... sorry but nothing would beat literally having your mates as your team being able to scream commands at them without having a distored mic or bandwidth worries.

the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
army men for the nintendo 64 was the worst game ever.

-bad graphics
-a.i really makes me laugh
-and the rest just plain sucks

DGP 2
The awesome DarkGamePlayer 2.
TheAbomb12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 07:59
C&C Generals Is a very good game.

Quote: "I can only beat the computer using China's super tanks..."

Actually I thought that the Game was pretty easy, I beat the single player caimpain on the hardest settings, and I was about evenly matched in skirmishes with computers on the hardest level setting as well.

If you want a real challenge, start up a 8 player game with all the computers allied against you... its simply non-stop carnage .

Amist the Blue Skies...
Arkheii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 09:37
Quake3A is teh cool. Eat rail!

Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 10:08
Quote: "Now i know that your all saying "FF7 is better dumbass!!""

FF7 is better dumbass!!

---Troan---
Well I do! ^^
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 11:15
Quote: "FF7 is better dumbass!!"

In terms of creating a template for the gameplay for many RPG's to come, yes it was .

But come on, the story was mediocre and the characters had blocks for limbs. The only thing that wasn't half terrible about that game was the Materia System, and the only reason I liked that was beacuse the game I played right before it was FF3/6 (and if you wanna game with great story, gameplay, but an annoying magic/summon system I insist you to play that ).

Quote: "Best FF would be the Story from FF7, Gameplay from FF9, a few unique features from FF8 and the graphics of FF Crystal Chronicles;
That said personally I think Crystal Chronicles is simple THE best Final Fantasy... i know alot of fans don't even want to acknowlage it's existence (most fan sites don't!!); but it is without a doubt just pure class on simplifying the RPG to it's most raw state.
"

My choices are for story: FF8 ( I thought that the story was well told out through the game, and there was almost no parts of the game were you are dazed and confused on what was going on. Hell the only part i hate about that game is the Great Salt Lake and Esthar, i can never find that invisible door the first time, and i hate trying to navigate that city.)
Gameplay: FF8 (I Just love junctioning and draw, it made things so much more challenging and fun. Plus if you can't junction, then you'll have to learn or you'll die. )
Graphics: FF9- FF10

My thoughts on FF9: Shitty story, very bad. I didn't like the learning abilitys out of accesorries and equipment BS either, almost as bad as Espers in FF3/6. I love the trance system better then any other special move system, just because it's moves can be used more then 1 time. But the Final Final Boss after Kuja, what the hell was that? Were they that desperate to put in a boss that had nothing to do with the storyline?

As for FFCC, I consider it more of a 4 player Secret of Mana. I somewhat enjoy the gameplay, except it is not fun without a group of people with you. And the Experience Bucket... WTF were they on when they thought that one up.

--Eric

"I like you... when the world is mine, you death shall be quick and painless"

Former name : Liquidz_Snake

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:29:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:29:19