Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / It stopped working!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 21:37

I was coding in DBP, the program compiled/ran normaly. I changed the resolution setting, and tried again. Worked fine. But when I pressed ESC (to close it), the computer rebooted. When I got back into windows, it said it was my video card's fault. Then I got back into DBP, and tried running it again. Oddly, no window opened. It looked like it was minimized (program name in the taskbar, but no window). Then I tried running some other thing, and that didn't work either. I tested Operation Invasion Evasion, and as before, it looked like it had been minimized. So now, nothing made in DBP works anymore. Yet other 3D games still work! I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to fix this. Any ideas?

Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 21:39
That's a weird one. Maybe back up all your progs and try reinstalling DBP? If everything else works but that, something probably happened to it and a reinstall would probably fix the problem.

[href]www.ShrikeSoftware.com[/href]

Free Demo: http://www.shrikesoftware.com/hijacker1.exe
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 22:03
I don't think re-installing DBP would make much of a difference for one reason: Operation Invasion Evasion was compiled on another computer (VanB's?), with DBP Trial version. Completly different from mine, DBP full, patched. So if OIE won't work, then it means it's not a problem with the compiler. Uninstalling, then re-installing it shouldn't make any difference.

HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you have WinXP? Run system restore.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 15:09
Umm... How do I do that?

Arkheii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 16:01
Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore

TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 20:03
Ok, I tried that, restored it to the day before the crash. Still not working.

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 20:05
The fact the window appears in the taskbar then nothing suggests there's something up with your windows.

Look for any memory eating processes. Another thing I found to cause those symptoms is when more than one copy of your game open at the same time.

Two strings walk into a bar. I'll have a pint says the first$%ASLDJ09920D"$"$D. Excuse my friend says the second, he isn't null terminated.
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 20:14
I looked in the task manager, and found the game's process. Supposedly "Not responding", it takes up 95% of the CPU. And it's the only thing running other than the editor.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:39:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:39:43