Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / a big problem in my webpage

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 23:58
I pretty much know html, well I do. I just have know freakin idea how to put text beside the menu. If you have no idea what im talkin about go to my web site: [href]www.aliensoftware.741.com[/href]

See...beside the menu is a bunch of blank space, and well, thats ugly. Please help.

peace, love, and ME!

When I die, I want to be burried upside down, so thy critics, can kiss my a$$...
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 00:06
you need to use frames, you dont need to load the menu and title bar again and again, look at almost anysite for example, if you dont want to have to rearrange ur site, use iframes, look at my page, the navigation and main page bit use iframes, if i had time, i would sort it out for you

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 00:34
yeah, i've tried that, but when I would click on the link the frames would keep building up.

When I die, I want to be burried upside down, so thy critics, can kiss my a$$...
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 00:37
use target="nameof ur frame"
and if it's external:
target="_blank"

stuff like that, if that doesnt work, give me an example

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 00:41
go to my site, and view the source and show me hoe to do it properly.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 01:27
Firstly, frames are easy to work with, but Google hates them. You also have to add code to account for the fact that someone may load a frame with the full frameset. Sorry to use your site as an example, N3OF15H, but try this link...

http://pulse.dbspot.com/fnc.html

Without extra code, it appears out of context, and Google will index each frame individually.

Your problem is actually a tables problem. You need the following structure...

Now you will have a table with 2 columns, the first containing another table with the menu in it, and the second being your content.

BatVink
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 04:02
thanx dude...

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 22:41
doesnt matter u used my site, thats partially why i used iframes, to allow me to use tables for the design

and batvink did you mean this?

ur rite anyhow

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2004 00:52
ok, I fixed the table, but my menu images wont show up.

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2004 01:00
nevermind I fixed it, forgot to change the image.jpg to image.JPG

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 02:41:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 02:41:49