Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Lemmings (demo download)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 21:33
Hi all

I've been working the last couple of months on a simple project, remaking Lemmings in DBPro.

The game has improved graphics and animations as well as a few gameplay tweaks to improve it from the original.

Here's a link to my website (sorry it's geocities, I haven't got round to moving elsewhere yet)

http://www.geocities.com/avanmadisen/index.html

Hopefully that link works, click on the projects link to the left and you'll find a link to the download page.

Let's see if this screenshot works:

If that doesn't work, here's a link:
http://www.geocities.com/avanmadisen/projects/pages/shots/lems.jpg

Hope you enjoy it

Avan

Not everything in life is as it seems...
Cypher Hax0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2004 21:40
looks very cool im downloadng at the mo
Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 10:23
dl now, looks nice, I´ll give them a try tonight

To code or not to be...
GALACTIC X - A brief overview - http://www.angelfire.com/space2/galactix also my IDE: jaPROe - the Image Enhance plugin and some snippets and tools -
Cavex
Years of Service
User Offline
It keep saying page can not be found!!!!!!!!
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 12:17
That's because his site is a mess, he's using \ instead of /

Oh well, I managed to use my brain and switch them

Game is cool.. just like lemmings... Maybe make your own graphics, to give it a personal touch, otherwise it's just playing the real thing all over again

----
This is my Kung Fu and it is strong.
http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 13:40
Reminds me the AMIGA version of the lemmings... very nice!

Guido
http://www.vues3d.com
Cavex
Years of Service
User Offline
Um. It deos not work for me. It says bitmap does not exist on line 304!!!
teh game wiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 19:09
it worked fine for me, tho at the mo all the icons are set to 0 need to put an amount on it.

apart from that, its very good and i hope you carry on to make it complete

http://www.elliot-dickerson.co.uk W0000000000000000000T
Avan Madisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 20:38
Hi

Sorry, I neglected to mention one or two things, the action icons are supposed to display 00 since I haven't coded the counting yet, you've got infinite of those anyway.

@Jimmy - As for the website having '\' instead of '/' I don't see those anywhere on my site, but it's geocities and they're always crap anyhow. I'm trying to do a remake of the original game so it won't look too muc different, what will be different will be the levels and gameplay. I'll put some extra gameplay modes in and I may do a level edittor to go withit, not sure yet if I'll include it or not.

Cavex, I'll have a look into that, it may have something to do with your graphics card though, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the comments, if anyone finds any bugs, something that doesn't work, please post it here or email me as soon as you can, thanks.

Avan

PS: What kind of speed is everyone getting? It's at it's slowest when a lot of backdrop modifcations (such as digging) are going on.

teh game wiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 21:21
ok, mine stuck at 60 and didnt change. also i'd like it if you put the nuke function to work .

http://www.elliot-dickerson.co.uk W0000000000000000000T
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2004 02:43
that's really impressive, plays just like the original!

excellent framerate, and overall just very nice

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2004 12:03
Great!!! I loved the original lemmings on sega master system, spent hours trying to complete it, still love it now. Those animations are superb, especially the hair , I like the way when you have them all walking in a row it makes a wave pattern. I'm also surprised at how well DBPro takes so many sprites. Now you just need better landscape graphics, the nuke function and some stupid music to go over the top .

Athelon XP 1600+/Radeon 9600 Pro/256 RAM
Everwhat Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2004 19:20
Thats brilliant! I too made a lemmings game in DBPro, I posted it a long while back now, but it was a tester for an engine I was making and never got completed, it looks as if yours is more complete than mine got (I just had blockers, diggers and floaters, and used the original ripped sprites at 320x240)

I like the way the original sprites have been upped in res, the animations look lovely. One feature that needs to be added is when scrolling with the mouse, press a mouse button to speed up the scroll, newer version of lemmings have included this.

Anyway, looks to be a great engine, I look forward to playing the full game Can I request a level editor? Oooh and christmas lemmings at Christmas time

Oh, and Hamish, I also spent many an hour with the Master System Version, determined to complete it

The forum user formerly known as Kangaroo2.
If the apocalypse comes, email me
Avan Madisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2004 01:40
Thanks for the comments

Hammish - I spent ages working on the animations to get the hair right, and I'm thinking of re-doing some because I'm not entirely happy with some of them.

Everwhat - I've sped up the screen scrolling now, so a button to speed it up might not be needed, depends on future feedback. You certainly can request a level edittor since I will be making one, but whether I include it is another matter (maybe, but don't hold your breathe). Christmas Lemmings? I spent ages getting the current animations right, it'd take ever longer to animate silly santa beards on them as well!

There is a bug with the current version, one lemming is able to ignore blockers, I've corrected this in my version but won't upload it until I've got a substantial update.

Avan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 15:09:16
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 15:09:16