Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Bastaardo forms!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 04:12
I was going to be buying my new Civic on tuesday, in part exchange for my clio, but having just spent the last 3 hours searching, I still cannots find my V5C form. That's the vehicle ownership form, and I can't sell the little punk without it. So the deposit is down, the cash is ready in hand, the car has a new MOT, 12 months tax and is waiting for me, and I can't take it because I don't have one little bit of paper.

To replace that bit of paper it will cost £19. That's not the problem, but you know full well when I phone up the DVLA tomorrow, they're gonna tell me something sh*t like "28 days processing/sending time". This could really piss me off. I'm really good with filing away important things as well. It's this one bastard form!!!

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 04:21

----
This is my Kung Fu and it is strong.
http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 04:59
Yes, well, looks like your out of luck arent you... Did you check your sock drawer?

M00NSHiNE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 05:38
Bloody hell, I hate it when you cant find something. Especially when its something as impotrtant as that. I thought Id lost my account details for my bank account but they were hiding in a drawer, between a box for an mp3 player and a CDROM drive box. Best thing to do would be find out where the DVLA are situated, then drive round the bulding in your new Civic with your music blaring, possibly shouting obscenities and slashing tyres

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 11:04
Yeah, just love it when the tax return is due. Dig out a mountain of rubbish (must file things one day..) then sift through it for a couple of nights of stress to find one or two figures. Which the government already knows anyhows. Is my own fault though considering I normally have most of the year to sort it out.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 12:09
And naturally, the day after getting your new form, you will find the old one.

Boo!
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 12:31
Of course, because you're going to put the new one in the same place you put the old one

----
This is my Kung Fu and it is strong.
http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2004 14:05 Edited at: 7th Jun 2004 14:11
I suffer from the univeristy problem. Constantly upping and relocating to new houses, twice a year (term year). I'm always in the dilemma - what should I keep, and what should I give to my dad to file away? What should I take with me and what should I leave here. That results in 3 bundles - with me at uni, in my room at my parents house, or filed away by my dad.

None of the methods are fool-proof. The uni method often results in stuff getting tied up with other important bits of paper (loan forms etc) and inevitably gets moved from folder to folder. Also, the big rush to get home at the end of the year, when you just don't give a f**k about anything anymore, cos you're so sick of living in sick student accomodation, always ends up in you throwing away the wrong things and losing stuff.

My dad filing stuff is normally quite fool proof, except for the fact he's getting on now. He tells me last night "He might have accidentally filed it in my sisters car details subfolder" which she has now taken seeing as she is married and doesnt live here anymore ... which means when she finished work, I have to interrograte her and some how force her to go and have a look.

The last method, the trusty bottom drawer in my bedroom back home was messy, but fairly fool proof. Anything that was important went in there, but alas, when I was gone this year, my mum thought it would be a good idea to redecorate my room. The desk was annihilated and all the paper was stacked into one huge pile of games manuals, bank statements, printing paper, receipts, wires and CDs old and new, and I was given orders to sort it out. I can't help feeling if the form was in my room, then I would've found it if my mum hadn't gone on a rampage and made my room from scratch .... which is actually worse btw.

Anyway, the good news is, I ordered the replacement form today. I phoned up the garage and they said I could still pick it up tomorrow, I'll just have to come back with the form as soon as I've got it, which will do for me. Civic coupe, here I come.

It's basically this, but it has hubbies, which I will be replacing with alloys pretty soon. Only changes I'm making are 17" alloys, drop down of 2 inches and then probably stick on a K&N induction filter and possibly an exhaust. Basically, the simple cheap stuff. Make it look a bit nicer, but Civics have a nice shape already. I dont need to dolly it up with body kit crap. (Would be in black)

.... here's the one that got away though. Was going to get this, but it was just a bit to rough around the edges at the show room, plus has 4 times the milage for the same price.

2.5 V6 Calibra, was only £2850, so I was sceptical about the condition, and it was ropey. I think I finally decided no when I couldnt physically open the boot. Could've done with the 0-60 in 7 seconds though. Would've been in white though ... black is better.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:38:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:38:26