Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Interpolate camera position

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,
i want to do the following:
Create an arry with three collumns and five rows. Store in each row the x, y, and z values of an position. Randomize so long till a new row of values (which are not identical with the current position values) are choosen. Then interpolate the actual x, y and z value and move the camera to the next position, and then resart the randomizer again to find the next set of position data.
My questions: What command do i use to do the interpolated movement of the camera?
Maybe someone can even give me a rough outline how this code would look like?
Thanks for helping me out on this!
Cheers,
Heiner

Beeing creative is a profession, not a task
DeepBlue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2004 08:53
You have a couple of choices either use

set camera to follow

command if you want to follow an object then you can use the smooth value etc, or probably more suited to what you want is the

curvevalue

Quote: "This command will return an auto-interpolated value based on a given speed. This command will gradually
move a number from its current value to a destination value at a certain speed."

Twynklet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 12:42:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 12:42:11