Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Loop Music

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2004 17:06
I want some music background in a game of mine. I allready know which song shall be the main title, but I only want a part of it, looping. I allready tried Nero Wave editor ... but when I listen to it in a loop, we hear when it repeats.

So, I want to ask if anybody knows a free programm I could use to do such a thing. The best would be with a loop-thingie incorporated and where I could cut it later or earlier in the song, if my loop didn't work.

Thank you for the answers.

- Mind the gap -
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2004 20:12
You should be able to cut it up with any editor with a visual window. How can you hear it repeating? Is there a click, or a silence?

If there's a click, its because the end amplitude of the sample does not match the start amplitude of the sample. To sort that out, fade the first few milliseconds of the sound in from 0%-100% and fade the last few milliseconds out from 100%-0%. That'll make it seemless. I stress 10ms tops really. No more than that, and you'll also need to cut the sound exactly where the loop part finishes and where it should begin again.

If there's a silence, then that's because of the MP3 padding, and you'll need to remove that with some sort of save option. You can do all this with cooledit pro, but basically trim it exactly, fade in/out the first and last 10ms of the track, and save the MP3 without any ISO etc. padding.

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2004 16:40
It is the click. Thanks for the advice, Fallout.
I will try it when I have some time.

- Mind the gap -

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 02:31:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 02:31:23