Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Gamecreators dont want me to buy their products.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
After spending quite some time on the phone with my bank and Worldpay I finally got an answer to why my transactions are being declined. The gamecreators have a list which I am on which specifically tells Worldpay to decline my transactions. There is but one reason why I think this has been done.

I ordered cartography shop from the gamecreators but cancelled my order. I did receive a serial and the software which means that technically I have the full version of cartographyshop 4 and basically for free.

When I made the transaction for cartographyshop I decided to cancel, its my right to, and I specifically told the gamecreators not to send me a serial for it and yet they did. I have since wanted to purchase cartographyshop and some other software like texturemaker, Darkmatter 2 but my transactions are being declined by TheGameCreators.

Why the hell do you not want to earn money on software and products like Darmatter I dont know

I'll stop rambling on now but I would just like to say that blacklisting me and preventing me from buying any other products is a bit extreme and really a little pathetic.

looking for a way to find out how to go on my way and be done with going on my way and to also go the correct way about doing the correct thing
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2004 23:26
[Okay, my PC quite literally bluescreened while typing this, second time lucky eh ]

I don't know if this is true, but if the CShop order system in automatic then an email may have already been sent with the serial.

If TGC look in their logs and see that a serial has been sent but no transaction has been made, they may just instantly add the address to a blacklist without further investigation.

That's just me surmising, it may not be the case.

Two strings walk into a bar. I'll have a pint says the first$%ASLDJ09920D"$"$D. Excuse my friend says the second, he isn't null terminated.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2004 23:37
Just buy it from Amazon...problem solved.

BatVink
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2004 23:40
or ebay

Formerly known as "DarkWing Duck"
AmonRa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2004 23:58 Edited at: 10th Jun 2004 23:59
Well I just bought DB Pro from ebay. Its the fully boxed and sealed version. If anyone else has this do I get a serial number with it or something.

I am also going to email thegamcreators wityh regards to me being blacklisted. I now regret posting this instead of emailing them first.

looking for a way to find out how to go on my way and be done with going on my way and to also go the correct way about doing the correct thing
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 00:07
Yeah e-mail them and they will probably fix it. I had trouble too because my Bank decided I had spent too much money in one day and my card must be stolen and canceled payment so I had about the same situation as you when I got it straightened out at the bank. I e-mailed them and they fixed the problem.

Emperor Baal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 00:09
TGC's fault, not yours. You will have a hard time when the new products come out though (WW2 pack, terrain dll, etc), because you won't find those on ebay/amazon

AmonRa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 00:54 Edited at: 11th Jun 2004 00:55
Quote: "TGC's fault, not yours. You will have a hard time when the new products come out though (WW2 pack, terrain dll, etc), because you won't find those on ebay/amazon"

I agree. I have darkmatter only because I had to borrow my mums credit card, she wasn't pleased. It appears that if I try to buy anything with either my debit or credit card, the transaction is declined. Now I want DarkMatter2 and can't purchase it. They also just lost a sale with regards to DBPro as I had to go to ebay to get it. I also agree that although you can get many things on ebay, products like you described you can not get.

Anyways I have sent them an email and I hope it can be fixed.

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 04:12 Edited at: 11th Jun 2004 04:12
We cannot decline/blacklist specific credit card numbers because we never get to see them - we do not have that ability and WorldPay do not provide it either.

We can only blacklist email addresses and the only time we do this is when someone does a chargeback to us on their credit card - for which there is no excuse as we provide full refunds when asked.

Chargebacks cost us money and yes they will get you blacklisted from ordering again - but that isn't necessarily what happened in this case. It's far more likely WorldPays own fraud system is blocking the card/address for reasons best known only to them.

Cheers,

Rich

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 15:47
I get a handful of Worldpay transactions through my site where name, address, country and security code match, but it still says "Warning". It's generally triggered by unusual buying patterns. The people I deal with tend to have a small spree of buying for summer fetes or parties, and this switches a warning flag on at the transaction processing centre. It also happens if you process several transactions in a small amount of time with the same merchant.

BatVink
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 18:16
Worth stating that DBPro has no serial, the piracy protection is part of the CD-ROM, so no worries about duplicate serials or dodgy ones for that matter.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 19:46
I agree with you 100% Rich.

The last say in terms of ordering is with TGC - and if you chargeback thus costing them money rather than going through the proper channels to get a refund then it's got to be quite frustrating for TGC.

I haven't used the new ordering system (preordereds Pro via share*it) but if it's not there already, maybe a notice could be placed detailing how to cancel and asking not to incurr a chargeback without corresponding with customer support first?

Two strings walk into a bar. I'll have a pint says the first$%ASLDJ09920D"$"$D. Excuse my friend says the second, he isn't null terminated.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 20:38
BatVink - yeah we get the Warnings too - but the original poster was getting declined well before that - WorldPay emails us with a "A transaction was declined" message - but it's pretty useless

Their system works really well and I like their anti-fraud measures, but their admin interface/controls are terrible!

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
Guhill The friendly one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2004 10:33
I know, literally. The people at TGC are too uptight . Like half of my forum threads become locked . I'm just trying to have some fun once in a while. Can you believe they deleted my thread about how cool it would be to be able to convert Darkbasic Pro games to a console.

Gloating Guhill
flibX0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2004 11:08
Quote: "I know, literally. The people at TGC are too uptight "

You do realise that the person who posted above you is an employee of TGC? Can you see where it says TGC Admin

And the moderators don't work for TGC, so don't blame them for your locked posts. I do believe that your postes gte locked because you are spamming, creating multiple threads that have been made already. You just don't search first.

Quote: "Can you believe they deleted my thread about how cool it would be to be able to convert Darkbasic Pro games to a console"

Not possible, has been asked about 20 times. ITS NOT POSSIBLE

Guhill The friendly one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2004 11:16
Oh, crap. Hey Richard Davey, I was just kidding about that whole uptight thing.

Gloating Guhill
DMXtra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2004 12:46
Quote: "
Oh, crap. Hey Richard Davey, I was just kidding about that whole uptight thing.
"

hahahahahahaha! LOL! Now, that is funny!

Dark Basic Pro - The Bedroom Coder's Language of choice for the 21st Century.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2004 19:00
Quote: "I know, literally. The people at TGC are too uptight . Like half of my forum threads become locked . I'm just trying to have some fun once in a while. Can you believe they deleted my thread about how cool it would be to be able to convert Darkbasic Pro games to a console. "

It was only deleted because it's one of those questions that's asked every week.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2004 19:26
And its never possible...

The place for wonderful plug-ins and things.
Keep your friends close, and your cats even closer.
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2004 19:49
still, its worth checking if technology has advanced in the last week to make it possible...

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2004 20:05
I suppose.

PS - WHEN IIS FPS CREATOR BEING RELEASED I RELLY NEED THIS THANX !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 02:52:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 02:52:21