Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / who's distance function

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 04:47 Edited at: 11th Jun 2004 05:49
i used someones distance function and put it into a function i made to move an object to another object at a given speed until they are a given distance apart. I dont know who made the distance function, though and would like to give them credit before i submit the code to the codebase
the distance function is

my function is

did a seach and i believe that David T wrote the function the thread is http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=27484&b=7
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 09:59
you know, unless you got the distance function from the codebase, i dont think you can tell whos it is........everybody makes a distance function somewhere in there programing career and i dont think the author would be offended at all by using that code....that code is as basic as it get.....i would say go ahead and submit the code, nobody will get mad at you

cheers,
Bish

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
SandraD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 10:15
That you wish to give credit to those who helped you is marvelous, but I doubt you have to be concerned about it in this case. Distance between points is a mathematical operation known for centuries in however many dimensions is desired, so it's a safe bet we've all created such a routine. If you want to keep looking for the poster that's okay, but I doubt there'll be any offense if you can't locate them.
S.

Any truly great code should be indisguishable from magic.
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 21:37
Soy Cocktail
Years of Service
User Offline
he didnt write the function only the formula used in the function
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
But he invented the pythagorean therum and the distance formula, so in the base of things you could in fact thank Pythagorean...
Just saying by the way...

Got anime?
I do.
SandraD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2004 10:28
Ahahahahaha...
You slay me The_Winch!

Any truly great code should be indisguishable from magic.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2004 10:39
aww , winch beat me to it!

"eureka" - Archimedes

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 12:22:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 12:22:16