Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I am new... HELP ME! I AM SCREWED.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 04:49 Edited at: 11th Jun 2004 05:04
I am new . My name is Katsuya. I take karate and kobudo
and I definitly ruined by the basic RPG MAKER 2000(rm2k). SAVE ME. I am a eager person. I also been using rm2k for 2 or 3 years now but I wanna make unillegal and cool RPG's. Well, I didn't buy the dark baic stuff becuase my family is broke and umm I am only 11 so I don't have a damn credit card. Also I suck at math. C- is my best grade in math. Ummm Really HELP ME. I'M SCREWED! I know nothin about proggraming.
(P.S. On my report card my grade is D. I alo read the pricibles but nothin.)
naterd00d
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I am new My name is Katsuya. I take karate and kobudo "

Well, congrats on making your way here and i hope you enjoy it here

Quote: " RPG MAKER 2000 "

well Kat, everyone has to start some where

Quote: "2 or 3 years now "

WOW! i acn see you are determined, very good

Quote: "unillegal and cool RPG's"

well...im only going to say that piracy is illegal
cool RPG's? u dont need DB(p) for that, all it takes is a strong imagination.

Quote: "I didn't buy the dark basic "

well here poses a problem, here are some suggestions
A) Goto your school, start talking to the computer guys about the edu. pack..
B) ask ur parents for DB Lite, doesnt let you save stand-alone EXE's tho, but source code is good forever or go the extra mile and get the DB Electronic Edition, it does save it and its cheaper, i hope u have a good internet conn tho...
http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?f=lite

Quote: "C- is my best grade in math"

well, u r prob gonna struggle then, but try anyways

Quote: "I'M SCREWED! I know nothin about programming"

well Katsuya, all i can say is keep at it, or stay with RPG Maker, if you have AIM, CONTACT ME: Boxeryoukay, and ill help you out with a few programs

and that cracked copy of yours, keep it if you want to, but it be better to get a legit copy.

Nater
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
If u live in the U.S go to Kumon or Sylvan for the basics of math, and Russian math schools for trigonmetery or algebra, I know what you mean about RM2K, I was a master of it too. I made Rurouni Kenshin,LOTR,YYH games and wanted to seel them, but they were illegal so I quit, you'll find DB quite easy to use, and while you wait for trying to get Lite or Electronic, download the Trial and try it out and see if you can do anything with your limited math skills...
And I whink we all wish we lived in Japan where anime and videogames (not to mention electronics in general) rule, it suks that theres tons of tsunamis and volcanoes though.
If you need help with math start a board alerting me, I can teach you basic equations,slop,how do find total degrees of regular shapes and some other stuff.
But if you want to make rpgs also try making Zelda style hack n' slash with a program called Zelda Classic at http://www.zeldaclassic.com it's a fan made Zelda game with a editor called ZQuest, it's games can only be free though and it's quite limited, but it's worth a try.Also try finding a site called Allegro which is a free 2D gaming script, but that takes quite a few downloads.
Hope this lon boring post helps.

Got anime?
I do.
El Bastardo Grande
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2004 21:06
buy 3d games creator its for people who dont have a phd in maths but are a bit arty farty (making 3d models and textures is as technical as you can get)Though some options are a little basic theres some sneeky ways around it.

Yor are 80.45.56.34, you are running xp and using IE6. By reading this message you are agreeing that I AM the man.
El Bastardo Grande
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2004 21:07
plus i got darkbasic in a pc world from the bargin bin for £4.00 (box was a bit wrecked)

Yor are 80.45.56.34, you are running xp and using IE6. By reading this message you are agreeing that I AM the man.
Triple Ha
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2004 03:00
Why would you ask if you don't even have DB?

If interested in making games go to http://www.freewebs.com/skyblaze/...NOW!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 14:33:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 14:33:50