Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / decent sci-fi character sprites......

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 09:36
hey,
im not very good at 2d characters, and would prefer some good top down 2d sprites that i could use for a game, but if it comes down to it, i will make them= (although they would be horrible)....does anyone have any suggestions, programs, tips or anything (includeing sprites that you give me) that i could use? thanx in advance

Bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 15:24
make them in 3d and render them out as 2d, this way you can use simple colouring methods in packages and all the shadows and so forth would be constant.

fall down seven times, stand up eight
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 18:40
For example, you could use a beginner program like DoGA CGA L2 to create static or multi-jointed models and render your sprites for free.
--
TAZ

History did not begin with PONG. -- Greg Costikyan

Game Beavers
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 23:32
ok, im a little confused .......so i make a character in a modeling program and then rotate it and take picures? if thats it then i think i can do it

thnx for the help
Bish

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 12:46:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 12:46:33