Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / DBP install prob

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 14:44 Edited at: 11th Jun 2004 14:46
Yo,

Ok so I installed DBP (for the time #1000), and then I updated it to 5.2, then it told me to restart the editor, so I did. Then when I tried to compile some code it asked me to insert the DBP CD (verifcation I guess). So I inserted it, then I got a whole sh*t load of windows errors, and it froze... I fixed the freeze, and now DBP wont restart. It just says to insert the CD and restart DBP, so I do and it tells me to insert it again.

Anybody else had this problem?

Edit: I have Dx fully upgraded, and Win2k pro

"I like you... when the world is mine, you death shall be quick and painless"

Former name : Liquidz_Snake
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 18:53
Probably a crash that has left residual nonsense in the registry - not pretty but I suggest you reinstal your OS!.

I had major problems like this (text commands stopped working!) - and the only way I could get back on track was to wipe and reinstal windows. If you really can't stand to do that - then I suggest installing on another hard drive, or at least a different folder.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2004 00:35
I'm gonna try cleaning my reg first, maybe if i get all the bad entrys, I can fix it.

Wish me luck, i'm going in

"I like you... when the world is mine, you death shall be quick and painless"

Former name : Liquidz_Snake

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 02:47:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 02:47:17