Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / A couple of questions from a compleate newbie

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hiya! I'm Maddy and i'm considering useing dark basic for a school project but i ave a few concerns.

Basicaly i want to make a game in the style of Sonic R(for those who don't remember/never played it, it was a simple racing game, a few characters/levels, and the ability to jump). I've been experimenting(unsucsefully) with the Dark basic Trial which has shown up a few problems i'll probably have:

1- what do you use to make your 3D models? I doubt if it's the limb feature in Db.
2- If you've created a nice map, all height scaled and so on(in a different package), how'd you use than in the game instead of making a new Matrix? What format is needed/how do i upload it?
3- I don't suppose theres a translator that i can write what i want done in english and have the code come back is there?

Thanks fo reading.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2004 18:37
Quote: "1- what do you use to make your 3D models? I doubt if it's the limb feature in Db"

Go to the 3D Chat section, read the sticky posts at the top of the thread. Many, many, 3D modelling programs are available ranging in price from free to thousands of dollars.

Quote: "2- If you've created a nice map, all height scaled and so on(in a different package), how'd you use than in the game instead of making a new Matrix? What format is needed/how do i upload it?"

I'm not a bit matrix fan, but I know you could read in the heigh map and set matrix height values to match it.

Quote: "3- I don't suppose theres a translator that i can write what i want done in english and have the code come back is there?"

Sorry, Star Fleet has not released that technology to the general public.
--
TAZ

History did not begin with PONG. -- Greg Costikyan

Game Beavers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 12:37:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 12:37:51