Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / RPG Maker Graphics

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2004 00:14
I was just reading about RPG Maker 2000 and if it was legal and i read that it was only if used for non-commercial uses....does that mean that there images, such as character and stuff, are free to use in non-commercial programs too?

thnx,
Bish

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2004 02:23
I'd imagine you'd have to post this into a RPG Maker 2000 forum. What does this have to do with TGC?

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
For a RM2K board goto gamingw.net
or is it gamineworld.net
or is it either one of those with a .com
try all of those and ask around for an answer to your question...

Got anime?
I do.
Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2004 05:06
Quote: "What does this have to do with TGC?"

Note the name of this board. Besides I am guessing he wants to use those images in a program he is writing in DB.

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2004 06:48
Quote: "I was just reading about RPG Maker 2000 and if it was legal and i read that it was only if used for non-commercial uses..."

Well what you read was a flat out lie. RPG Maker 2000 is a commercial program that was illegally translated into English and is being illegally given out for free over the internet, using it is illegal because it's essentially a pirated copy of the program.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2004 10:56
runs to uninstall it

Create or Play? You choose!
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2004 22:52
Quote: "Note the name of this board. Besides I am guessing he wants to use those images in a program he is writing in DB."

Uh, yeah, General Chat. But someone asking the legalities of using another program just doesn't make sense in a forum on the TGC website. Did you even read my post? If not, I'll quote it:

Quote: " I'd imagine you'd have to post this into a RPG Maker 2000 forum. What does this have to do with TGC?"

Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2004 21:21
well, i dont want to use the program, just the graphics.....Exeat, thanx......thats what i was looking for....just wanted to make sure that the graphics were legal before i started using them

thanx,
Bish

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Gery
Years of Service
User Offline
if u downloaded it before the enterbrains hanged on, u have it legal, and u can use it without any illegaliti, otherwise u have it illegal.

Ezerkilencszázhatvanba' / ördög szart a katlanba /aki először megszólal /azé lesz a katlan szar.
Cat #1
Years of Service
User Offline
prob illegal
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2004 01:29 Edited at: 16th Jun 2004 01:30
well well well, old C*C (yep, your old username is now stopped by the swear filter) is back to talk about illegal programs, hmm?
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2004 08:55
.......mattman? are u confusing me with C*C....i take offence at that!!
ill have u know that i am a....well, i was going to say valued, but im not really, but i am a decent member of this community.....

gery: no i just recently downloaded it, so it is not legal....darn it has such good sprites too....oh well

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2004 10:03
Quote: "if u downloaded it before the enterbrains hanged on, u have it legal, and u can use it without any illegaliti, otherwise u have it illegal."

It was never legal, it's always been illegal and it always will be illegal.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 02:46:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 02:46:59