Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Breakout game-need help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I need some help with my breakout game. I've got all the blocks and objects and i've got the ball moving up and down but the problem is that the ball ALWAYS bounces up and down and i want it so that it only bounces when the ball hits the paddle. Any help would be appreciated and i'll post my code here. Thx.
JamesR
Years of Service
User Offline
I just started with DB too, but did you check out the Pong tut that is stickied to the top of the page? It goes into the ball hitting the paddle.
Saikoro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2004 12:27
Yes I suggest looking at the pong tutorial, as many of the concepts used are identical. Good luck with your game.

-Vash the Stampede

Need help? Ask me via email, msn, aim, or forums and Ill see what I can do.

Bean
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2004 12:17
I read your post and was interested in your program.
I am new to DB Pro but this is what I came up with, if you are interested. I created a few new objects for the sides and top of the
playing field. I then used collisions. Just the bare bones of a program, but it will get you going.I also used GOSUBS to organize things a bit better for me. I don't know if this is good programming practice but it seems to work. There's probably a million ways to do
this same program, this is just my way - keep trying and have a good day!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 13:29:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 13:29:56