Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Please help me get started

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
To be honest, I haven't even started darkBasic.
I wan't any help I can get on starting out.
What should I use besides Dark basic Pro?
What hardware should i get for a computer?
I want to make some hard core games but need some hard core know how.

please and thanks
Soy Cocktail
Years of Service
User Offline
most people will tell you to start small make simple progams before meving onto "hard core" games. That is unless you already know how to program. so if you are new then start small. when you make simple programs you start to learn the syntax for commands as well as the commands. once you know the commands write things that can be used in your games. functions are very useful and can be easily put into a program. if you are making a 3d game make one to control the camera and for your characters you control.

the forums and code snippets help alot, however when on the forum it is best to avoid making posts such as "please help" reading tutorials is an excellent idea as they teach you commands and how to use them together.

as for what you should use besides SBPro depends on what you want to do. you might want to look at the 2d and 3d forums for 2d and 3d software to use.

i cant really answer as to what hardware you need. basically a working computer keyboard mouse and a graphics card that supports direct x 8.1 or higher

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 13:36:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 13:36:46