Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, Im Cribs.
Im as i said new to these forums and to DB. I have lots of knowledge in QBasic and want to go into a language that is a bit more flexible and will allow 3d worlds. I curently own 3dsMax and am not to great in it but not to worry. I really am not to intrested in that part of the game yet. First i want to get an engine going. OK, so i have started a 3d world that is pretty much a NO CLIP godmode world. It took a while and i didnt get that great of an outcome. I was wondering how I could use a bsp in the world. I know it is posible. I will be using WorldCraft and know almost all their is to know about it for i map for a few games with it.

Now I need to add collision for the walls and a height for the caracter. I have added a colision already with the ceiling and floor and am workin on the walls. But as for the persons height, i cannot figure it out. With the colision on and all i can move the camera allthaway to the floor. I have no clue how to add a height to the camera and dont know were to begin because i will be using stairs and all in my maps.

I am not making an RPG but some traits of my game will be like an rpg. One main one will be the ability to be anywere you want without rules or bondries. I will worry with that tho so yeah.

Now I am open for help on the engine as i extremily need it. Thanks in advance, Cribs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 13:31:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 13:31:31