Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Making a system clone type thingy.. read to hear more

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2004 06:48
Okay. What im basically saying is that i want to try and create a personal system thing. Where (like windows) reguires a log in password protection and has a start menu. im thinking it would be cool if i can make this so that i can open programs or websites directly from the program.

So my questions are:

1) How (if possible) can i have it to open web browsers from inside the program?

2) i never really understood how u save stuff after working on it in the finished program. u know.. like altering a text thing then saving it so next time i open it its the way i last made it.

3) how do i let the user choose username and password

4) any extra help or ideas would be greatly appriciated.

also if you would like to possibly work on this now and then with me that would be great.

http://www.GenTekZ.tk
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2004 13:24
You wanna create an operating system(OS)? Not possible. No way could DB create a kernal.

"eureka" - Archimedes
Mizipzor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2004 14:13
thats the thing with darbasic... its easy but the tradeoff is an immense lack of power. look into C, and dont write your own from scratch right away. start to mod en axisting. i suggest debian linux.

Dreaming of creating a highly advanced AI mind
GenTekZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2004 15:04
...alright then.

http://www.GenTekZ.tk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 13:34:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 13:34:00