Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / ENGLAND!!!!!!!

Author
Retired TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2004 22:27
Hey come on!!! 3-0!!!!!!!

LARGE IT FOR ENLAND!!!!

Regards,
Dave Milton
Check out my games: Diode, Root, Binman & Skateboard Crazy
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2004 22:28
How much is Rooney worth now?
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2004 22:33 Edited at: 17th Jun 2004 22:33
Dunno. All I know is that there's a healthy england euro 2004 topic happening just below this one

I can imagine Chelski buying Rooney and Owen this summer. One day though Roman's gonna get fed up of his little "toy" and abandon Chelski leaving them with a large, large wage bill

Two strings walk into a bar. I'll have a pint says the first$%ASLDJ09920D"$"$D. Excuse my friend says the second, he isn't null terminated.
TheAbomb12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2004 22:55
Hey, its ravey.

Haven't seen him around here for awhile...

Amist the Blue Skies...
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2004 10:11 Edited at: 18th Jun 2004 10:13
38 years of hurt, whatever the name of this cup is (well, the old world cup is the Jules Rimet cup, new one is the FIFA world cup), still gleaming!!!

Hehe... France in the final perhaps? Another chance to kick Bartez into international shame with a monumentally stupid move like he normally makes..

Cheers

Ps. It's coming home, it's coming home.... Much like that Mike Basset film effort, Sven is going to bring football home.... to Sweden.... And when I say Sweden, I mean England.....

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2004 14:44
Quote: "Hehe... France in the final perhaps? Another chance to kick Bartez into international shame with a monumentally stupid move like he normally makes.."

About monumentally stupid moves, I think Dessailly is better...

My English is not so good I'm just French
Tomy
Years of Service
User Offline
France will still win!

BTW the Dutchs are also quite good... if only the trainer let the good players actually play
Was quite funny to keep some players such as de Boer, Overmars, Kluivert or Makaay on da bench

But one thing for sure: Please someone has to beat the Germans!!!!

GameVisions Softwares - http://www.gamevisions.cbj.net
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
YOU ARE RECYCLING. YOU ARE RECYCLING. PIGEON! PIGEON! YOUR FLOATING ON A LONG PAINTED BOAT!!!

FREE ONE FREE ONE!

3 strips on the shirt, tricolur still flying, not so many yrs have past. (to the tune of the skinner n co song)

Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2004 10:44
rooney

Create or Play? You choose!
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2004 13:24
froogle, don't you mean
"you're going home in a painted narrow boat!"?

Floats like a butterfly, stings like when I pee
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2004 14:59
Quote: "BTW the Dutchs are also quite good... if only the trainer let the good players actually play
Was quite funny to keep some players such as de Boer, Overmars, Kluivert or Makaay on da bench"

The were good against the Czechs. But their first match (v Germany) wasn't convincing. The German team was better.

Quote: "But one thing for sure: Please someone has to beat the Germans!!!!"

The Czech's "B-team"? No, I don't think so.

Play Nice! Play Basic!
Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2004 15:15
No - Germany have to win, and the Czechs are already through - I'm sure Germany will win

http://www.thegameszone.tk | robin@thegameszone.tk
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2004 19:17
Germany drew with latvia...
We need the raised eyebrow smiley like the one on msn, my sarcastic comments are useless without it

Gery
Years of Service
User Offline
we are allready out... i meen we are out in the first rounds
Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2004 20:02
shame the germans are out.

Gery
Years of Service
User Offline
ok... everione is out?! ok, than hurray for the czechs
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 00:35
game should have ended now... refs are idiots

I love to mastercate while reading these forums

Former name : Liquidz_Snake
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 00:38
Especially that one .

Athelon XP 1600+/Radeon 9600 Pro/256 RAM
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 01:17
PENALTIES!!!!

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 01:33
sh*t sh*t sh*t, beckham choked, bad ref... all i can say

I love to mastercate while reading these forums

Former name : Liquidz_Snake
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 01:34
lost

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
Oraculaca
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 04:17
Beckham is an ace penalty kick taker? NO?
Matto
Years of Service
User Offline
the Ref was a disgrace... on anonther note I don't think I've seen so many blokes rolling around on the floor in 1 game, maybe they're all really itchy, they should be checked for flea's..

AMD XP 2500+,512 DDR RAM 2700, GFFX 5600 256DDR,SBLive 5.1,Win XP
Best Upcoming MMOG - http://WWW.Atriarch.com
Project: Cluckie Egg
Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 10:22
even with 15 men on the pitch we couldnt win last night

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 10:25
May have been robbed with that disallowed goal, but we were rubbish in normal time. Did better in extra time though. Owen did pretty much nothing (apart from the lucky goal), Scholes I didn't realise was playing till he got took off, and Beckham has been extremely average all along.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 10:41
i cant argue with what your saying but the pasion we showed, the commitment out there in portugal (as well as the fans) has been excellent and they dont deserve to be cheated out of a fair goal.#

C.Ronaldo spent most of the time on the floor and the amount of simulated fouls by the Portugese and the refereee giving them wqas a measure of the quality of reereeing.

Beckhams missed 2 out of 2 now.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 11:24
Ohh, right enough - England could'nt have lost because of something so trivial as being worse than the opposition .

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 12:00
Quote: "Ohh, right enough - England could'nt have lost because of something so trivial as being worse than the opposition ."

Lol, once again I say "how far did Scotland get again"...

Yes, we probably played worse than Portugal last night but in the end it's down to who scored the most goals and if Campbell's goal had rightly been allowed the ending would have been very different.

Two strings walk into a bar. I'll have a pint says the first$%ASLDJ09920D"$"$D. Excuse my friend says the second, he isn't null terminated.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 12:37
Hehe, yeah - Scotland sucks at football - everyone aware of that?, good .

But at least when we do qualify, we're realistic about our chances - England seems to assume that it has a place in the final, and frankly that pisses other countries off. That's why most Scots, Irish, and Welsh don't support England in these tournaments - nothing to do with the players because most of my friends support Man Utd, it's the attitude of commentators and the press that irritate everyone and force us to support any team opposing them.

I certainly have nothing against the English, and wish Tim every luck in Wimbledon - I just hope that in 2 years time England has grown some modesty in time for the World Cup.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 12:50
I thought England looked best team in tournament up to last night. But last night they looked at the best ordinary. Beckham looked unfit amd unmotivated.
Cambell and Cole played with pride and passion, all the othhers just played.

The word "Gullible" cannot be found in any English Dictionary.
Karlos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 12:56 Edited at: 25th Jun 2004 12:57
The commentators do not speak for the rest of us.

Then again Scottish commentary is just as bad as the English.

I say this as an Englishman living in Scotland.

I actually (when living in England) used to support Scotland, Wales, NI when living in England provided they weren't playing England.

Then I moved to Scotland ...

All Hail the Glory of the HypnoToad
XP Pro - Radeon 9000 Mobility- P4 3.0ish
Football management - Football Manager
kevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 15:57
Sorry I have to say this, but the 'goal' by Campbell was no fair goal IMO.

That was my first impression anyway.

Anyway, exciting match, I liked it .
And what that goalkeeper of Portugal did in the end was pure style. The penalty he took was like the perfect penalty.

Kevil
M00NSHiNE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 16:05
I felt robbed last night. there was nothing wrong with Sol Campbell's effort, that Ref was a disgrace to the game, and Ronaldo... he spent 97% of the match offside, smiled everytime he fouled someone (he kicked Ashley Cole in the face and nothing happened!!!). Not to mention those bloody stupid things on his ears. The Portugese were reet cheeky so and so's on the pens - stoppin on the run up and chippin it slowly - that was just adding insult to injury...

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 16:34
We may have played a hell of a lot worse offensively, but we played pretty well defensively, especially James (goalie). Who cares if we played bad overall, we should have won!!!

Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 20:25
[href]www.ursmeier.ch[/href]

Tomy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 15:26 Edited at: 26th Jun 2004 15:28
Quote: "Hehe, yeah - Scotland sucks at football - everyone aware of that?, good .

But at least when we do qualify, we're realistic about our chances - England seems to assume that it has a place in the final, and frankly that pisses other countries off. That's why most Scots, Irish, and Welsh don't support England in these tournaments - nothing to do with the players because most of my friends support Man Utd, it's the attitude of commentators and the press that irritate everyone and force us to support any team opposing them.
"

YEAH i fully agree with that!! YOU, English, lost, because you were just not as good as Portugal...
Do you understand that or do i have to explain it again??
Netherlands, Sweden or Czech are the really good teams atm and how can you think you'll win the EURO if such teams are still in...
By blaming the ref you just show us you're poorness...
I mean isn't it strange that the Spanish or the Germans were content with the ref??? (b4 anyone sais anything both Spain and Germany are out so they can't have just said that because of self interest)
You know what makes a good loser?? Have a look at Netherlands!!! In the game Czech-Netherlands the ref was REALLY bad (and i'm not Dutch or Czech)!! and most countries agreed that the ref wasn't good in that match..
But still the Dutches just accepted that they lost!!!
Why is that so difficult for England?? I mean you blame the ref although he was good...
when i hear you arguing i'm just really happy England is out although i actually like the way they play... But fans like you really piss me off

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 16:16 Edited at: 26th Jun 2004 16:17
Did you see the dis-allowed goal? There wasn't much wrong with it from my point of view(although i have a relatively poor knowledge of the intricacies of the rules) Also, if you weren't watching on english tv, then you wouldn't know what the commentators were saying about the goal. They are some of the most respected people in the english footballing world and none of them could find a reason for the goal to be dis-allowed, as an england supporter and "watcher" of english tv, the commentators pretty much had me convinced that the goal was unfairly disallowed, as i'm sure most people who watched on english tv did too.
Also could you explain the reason that the goal was disallowed? As far as i can tell the only way would be if John Terry was obstructing the goalie in some way, although it was plain to see that the goalie was along way from the ball and Terry was up in the air going for the header with no obvious intention of obstructing the goalie in anyway.

Basically, Portugal were the better team, but most of england is pretty annoyed that we lost, especially after the commentators informed us that the goal probably shouldn't have been disallowed.

Cheers

kevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 16:32
Well, I used to play football myself. And I know that obstructing the goalie in the 5-metre zone in any way is always a foul. So I think the goal should've been disallowed.

Kevil
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 17:47 Edited at: 26th Jun 2004 20:06
@ Tomy

Quote: "But fans like you really piss me off"

To whom are you refering? All English fans? English fans on this board? Please elaborate.

People who are dissapointed with their own teams performance and seek consolation by slagging off other countries are the kind of fans that piss me off.

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 18:39
Quote: "Well, I used to play football myself. And I know that obstructing the goalie in the 5-metre zone in any way is always a foul. So I think the goal should've been disallowed."

I can see your point, but here's why I think it should have been allowed.
The goalie jumps up, but the header goes off the bar. The ball then came down, but the goalie couldn't jump as he sort of wrong footed himself (hard to explain).
As it came down Terry jumped to get it and the goalie moved into Terry. Campbell jumped up over Terry (lol it should have been a foul on Terry :p) and headed it in.

That's what I think. I also heard another commentator about how the goaie could have never jumped up; something to do with his footing.

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 18:42
But then the problem was, the ref was right on the edge of the penalty box with 3-4 players directly blocking his view of the goal He wasn't close enough to say if it was a goal or not.

Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 18:50
if so he shouldnt have made the descision

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 18:52
Here's an idea, lets ask the linesman who had a clear view!

Lance Lumpy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 19:47
My opionions about the England v. Portugal match:

1. England Won Technically. There was nothing wrong with Campbell's goal. The goalie even had his hand on John Terry's face!
2. The Swiss Referee was totally one sided. He must have been jealous that England knocked Switzerland out.
3. Portugal obviously cheated on the penalties. Lets take Cristiano Ronaldo for instance, he ran up to the ball, waited for David James to dive and then put the ball in the opposite corner. THATS NOT ALLOWED, and it was really obvious - that Swiss referee was cheating.
4. There was something wrong with the penalty spot and David Beckham only missed because he had to go first. If he didnt have to go first, he would have known about the dodgy penalty spot, and wouldnt have been surprised when it crumbled under him.

So there you go. We were robbed by the ref.

Cheers,

Lance

Like The Bill? Go to www.thebill101.tk
kevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 20:35
Quote: "
1. England Won Technically. There was nothing wrong with Campbell's goal. The goalie even had his hand on John Terry's face!
2. The Swiss Referee was totally one sided. He must have been jealous that England knocked Switzerland out.
3. Portugal obviously cheated on the penalties. Lets take Cristiano Ronaldo for instance, he ran up to the ball, waited for David James to dive and then put the ball in the opposite corner. THATS NOT ALLOWED, and it was really obvious - that Swiss referee was cheating.
4. There was something wrong with the penalty spot and David Beckham only missed because he had to go first. If he didnt have to go first, he would have known about the dodgy penalty spot, and wouldnt have been surprised when it crumbled under him.
"

Lol, you just can't accept the defeat, can't you.

1. I only saw that goal during the game. Then it looked like the goalie was obstructed. I haven't seen it in replay, but for what I know, it was just a foul.

2. I didn't have the feeling the ref was one sided. Perhaps that you're one sided makes the ref look one sided.

3. What he did was allowed (barely though). If you keep moving, it's allowed.

4. His problem.

Kevil
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 21:18
Quote: "3. What he did was allowed (barely though). If you keep moving, it's allowed."

Indeed, and very common.

Play Nice! Play Basic!
Tomy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 21:58 Edited at: 26th Jun 2004 22:16
Yeh learn the rules b4 you blame the referee

Quote: "To whom are you refering? All English fans? English fans on this board? Please elaborate."

fans like you

And yes it was a foul because it was in the 5 meter zone...
There were many similar situations in Champions League in the past few years and I've really never seen that such a goal was allowed!
It was a foul and for some strange reasons the Germans agreed with that (the strange reason could be that the ref was right)

Men you really got to learn the rules before you blame anyone!!!
And no i'm not in any way frustrated that Switzerland was kicked out!
You're the one who is f**kin frustated because his team was kicked out!
I mean who actually thought Switzerland would make up to 1/4 finals?? NO ONE!!
Compared with England where most of the Englishs believed they had a good chance to win the EURO, but in reality the chance was never that big...
Personally i support Netherlands because they're cool and not some crazy patriots who get mad when they're kicked out...
(sorry here if i insult anyone who didn't act like this, but i really talk of the majority and especially of some stupid English newspapers)

And BTW that with Becks penalty is RIDICULOUS!! that really proves that you're just SEARCHING for reasons and that you can't accept your defeat...
Grow up man! Beck's penalty was bad because he couldn't stand the pressure for some reason and there wasn't some Portuguese manipulated grass that made the ball fly over the goal!!

Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 17:16
Quote: "And yes it was a foul because it was in the 5 meter zone..."

That has nothing to do with it.

After the game the refereee apologised to Sven in the dressing room, saying he made a mistake and England had won the game.

Beckham was the first person to take his penalty and therefore the only one to be affected. Everyone else knew that the spot was dodgey.

You can clearly see that Beckham's foot sinks into the ground when he takes his shot.

England did have a good chance of winning. He would have won that match 3-0 if Rooney hadn't been injured.
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 17:41 Edited at: 27th Jun 2004 17:42
@ Tomy

You say that I am the kind of fan that pisses you off.

Please explain how I have offended you.

I am English and support my country - is it this that offends you?
I have said that in my opinion England & Sweden looked best teams - maybe me having an opinion offends you.
I criticised Englands performance in their match Vs Portugul. I did not blame the ref or the penalty spot, I blamed the team especialy Bekham - did this offend you.

Please point out exactly how I have offended you Tomy, because all I have done is follow the football and support my country.

Lance Lumpy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 21:50
Quote: "That has nothing to do with it.

After the game the refereee apologised to Sven in the dressing room, saying he made a mistake and England had won the game.

Beckham was the first person to take his penalty and therefore the only one to be affected. Everyone else knew that the spot was dodgey.

You can clearly see that Beckham's foot sinks into the ground when he takes his shot.

England did have a good chance of winning. He would have won that match 3-0 if Rooney hadn't been injured. "

Agreed. I saw a pic of the disallowed goal in the newspaper today. Nothing wrong with it. If anything it was a foul on John Terry. Go to this site if you support England: http://wonchop.hippygeek.co.uk/ihatemeier.htm

Cheers,

Lance

Like The Bill? Go to www.thebill101.tk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:41:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:41:30