Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / im an ultra noob plz help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2004 07:48
im trying to make a game that u like and a little cone and u move throughout space dodging none moving little cubes or sumthing. if someoen can kind of help/tutor me that would be the best thing.
also in the game if it can be almost never ending like never ending space and if u die u just restart.

plz some help

i will...WIN!
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2004 18:00
Maybe one out of a hundred user, perhaps one out of a thousand, have the luxury of a tutor. What everyone else does is read the manual/help files, do the tutorials, read examples, and try to learn on their own. This is a very pull yourself up by your bootstraps culture. You'll earn a lot more respect by trying to learn and then ask SPECIFIC questions when you get stuck.
--
TAZ

Forum culture tips: Use the best English you can. You're from Florida, you should know better. Use meaningful titles, things like "PLEZ HELP" or "WTF?" are pathetic. Have patience and do not double post, the person that might have the best answer could be on the other side of the planet from you.

History did not begin with PONG. -- Greg Costikyan

Game Beavers
n00b
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2004 19:21
thank you zircher for not completely putting me down i didnt know i double posted i though the other one didnt work so i tryed again.
if anyone knows of anything like a tutorial that could help then ill try that.

i will...WIN!
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2004 20:44
Mouse over the Game Development tab at the top of the site, look under DarkBasic/Pro-better to check both of them-and then under Support look for Tutorials. A good one, but originally written for classic, is Binary Moon.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
n00b
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2004 20:48
thanks bear crazy donut i appreciate it

i will...WIN!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 14:13:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 14:13:11