Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / ground model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Say instead of making a boring maxtrix, I make a 3d model of a land in my 3d modeler. I save the model, then load the model in Dark Basic. Is there any way I can use the model as a basis for my ground? I want the model to be the actuall ground of the level. Do you guys know how to do this?
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 03:20
Heh, heh - nasty one this, with all that slow collision detection. You could make an invisible matrix at the same height as your 3D model, if possible. Otherwise you might have to program your own mathematical collision; have fun!

In my game, Sherman (anybody heard of it?), I made a simple program that would run over each map I created. It would then create and save an array that contained solidity data for the map, which I could then use in the main program. There's probably better (and simpler) ways of doing it, but it worked for me and was VERY fast.

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:25:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:25:03