Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / What's up with the image?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The graphics in my game seems to be cut diagonally in half. You know, when you cut a picture in half and you put the two together, you can still see where it's cut. What is wrong with the display?

Also, when I tried running my game on a computer without dark basic pro installed, I get a dll error some thing about a dbsetup.dll error, what is this and how can I solve this so my game can run without dark basic pro?

Thanks for reading.
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2004 21:31 Edited at: 24th Jun 2004 22:19
SonicX,
Had the same problem. I had all the latest drivers for my video card, DirectX, Patch update etc...

I have a thread in the DBpro board where i pasted examples of what was happening. It seems to be the same thing you are describing here.
http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=33787&b=1

It only seemed to be an issue when I tried to use the <load image "filename", imagenum, 1>. The 1 is supposed to turn mipmapping off, and thus not distor the image.

My resolution for the problem was in resetting the advanced properties for my display adapter back to defaults.

Right click on the desktop-> properties-> settings -> advanced button
If you have an ati card make sure you have the ati monitor installed. I'm not exactly which setting resolved the issue, but look at my thread as I kept track of things that changed. I suspect it had something to do with [write combining] being checked or one of the directX mipmapping/acceleration features.

Hope this helps

SonicX
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't access the menus you mentioned. I just get the display settings with general, adaptor, monitor and color management tabs. Also your load image code with the extra flag at the end doesn't work.
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 16:55
SonicX,

What type & model video card do you have? You will only see the exact abs I listed if you have an ATI video adapter and have the monitoring software loaded. Other Video card manufacturers supply similar utilities for adjusting directX & openGL/glide support.

Even without a utility or ati card you should be able to take theckmark off 'write combining' which may help.

It would be in the [trouble-shoot] tab. It's where you can also adjust your hardware acceleration settings.

Like I said though, most 3d card manufactures provide a utility to adjust some of the video-cards specific features of mipmmapping, dirextX, OpenGl, As well as a more advanced color management and profile. If you post your video cards make & model, I'll try to see if there is a monitoring utility available.

Btw, in my case the load image "filename",imgnum,1 is what caused (or allowed me to see something was wrong) the issue. I hadn't noticed it in other image or bitmap commands.

~zen

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
How do you fix this in DBCenhanced?

Got anime?
I do.
SonicX
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your help. I've installed a new graphics card, and the options you mentioned are there. Thanks again

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 14:26:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 14:26:43