Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / having probs with multi bullet code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 09:14
when incorporated the multi bullet code by bishop here at

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/xt/view_code.php?i=4104

it says that object already exists at line 121

if you can help or point me in the right direction or any other points about mycode would help me alot

thx!

mulletman47@aol.com
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 09:56
hey,

the problem with your code is that in lines 104 through 112, you have some object made that are supposed to be bullets...object numbers 1 to 100 are being used as bullets so change these lines:

to;

that worked for me here....

cheers,
Bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

You see my avatar? I made that ninja!!
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2004 10:04
sorry.....i noticed that it still wasnt working properly, so i took the liberty of fixing ure code....i changed size and position of the bullets and speed some, so it looks something like it should, but its not perfect and needs to be fine tuned....

cheers,
Bish

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

aks74u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 00:21
u rock dude!

mulletman47@aol.com
aks74u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 00:43
ok now it is all happy it loads no errors and all of the controls work except shoot, its like its not reconizing there was a mouceclick or something

mulletman47@aol.com
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 01:23
ok....no problem.....the pronlem is that the code that i wrote is for much smaller objects...so all i did was boost the size of the bullets and how fast they shoot.....i also had the variables for them to shoot from as 0,0,0...so i changed them to the camera position.....the code is below

cheers,
Bish

aks74u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 02:54
it works!when you strafe and hold shoot it looks like your shooting two at a time. is there a way to fix that or no?

why when you fix with my code you dont put it in the controls gosub but you put it in the main loop i was just wondering.

thx

mulletman47@aol.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 14:26:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 14:26:34