Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Hover Racing "How to" Video ..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 17:23
hehe. Ok, see this post if you don't know what game this is related to (incase the posts gets seperated in time):
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=34085&b=8

I did this for fun. It seems like most people have figured out it is a very quick game, but takes a lot of practice. For those who are finding it hard (and I'm glad, cos I want this to be a hard game), this is some proof you can speed the course at pretty much full speed. Hopefully you can pick up tips. I've had the benefit of playing it 100 times while making it obviously, but practice and ye shall also triumph!

Pay particular attention to how I release the power for a split section and start turning into the corners early, before putting the power back on before the corner starts. Hopefully this might help! Either way, I made it for fun (this is a digital camcorder so it looks a bit crappy).

One turbo lap, and this could even be quicker ...
(3.8MB) http://www.kontact-kru.com/game/hover-demo2.avi
DivX 5 required.

Have fun. If anyone else feels like making a home movie of a tasty lap, throw it up here.

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2004 17:47
dude, it is possible! I'm gonna get practicing!

Jetmech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 08:19
Very nice!
please keep up the work on this game! has LOADS of potential!

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 14:51
I'll try. I've being trying to get something done before I start my new job. I don't think I'll have much time when that starts, as I'll be travelling to see my girlfriend most weekends, plus 9-5 work and 45 minutes commutting each way ... not gonna be easy. But I'll try.

walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 15:15
I hear you. I work about 60-80 hours a week, with a 2 hour commute (round trip)... but I try and find an hour or so each morning to mess around with programming

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
Jetmech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 17:00
I know the pain... I just had Hernia surgery and got a week off... havent left the computer since !

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 18:00
@Walaber - yeah, hopefully I'll get a couple of hours in the evening after dinner on weekdays.

@Jetmech - Well, if I get too busy to do any game making, I'll see if I can break a leg or something!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 15:11:05
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 15:11:05