Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Deleting whole Directories?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,

I wonderd if it's possible to delete all files of a directory? I searched the help file and found out that it's possible to delete single files using

Delete File "xxxx\xxxxx.xxx"

but that

Delete File "xxxx\*.*"

doesn't work. Maybe someone knows and can help me.

Thanks in advance,
so long!
Holden
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, tried Delete Directory instead and everything worked as supposed.

Holden
Years of Service
User Offline
But still I'm interessted if and how I can find all files of one type (e.g. mp3s) (I want all of them to be copied in another directory which I can specify).

simonuk74
Years of Service
User Offline
I`m not sure if theres an easier way than this...
I did a perform checklist for files in a directory, then used get file type to separate the files form the dir`s
Then copied the files names strings into an array, using checklist string().

then I just looked at the last 3 letters of the string, using right$(file$,3), if that was = to "MP3", then there you go..
I`m working on how to easily make file associations for all file types, but so far it looks like use the above method for each know file type.

I asked a question a little whail ago, and so far I have had no reply.. I wonder if you or anyone can help?
Is there a way of determining the file attributes ie, read only, archive, hidden ? as in my code, I`d rather not have to show hidden file types if possible.

simon

Holden
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry- I'm just starting with programming and cannot figure out easy ways at all- honestly, I'm glad about_any_way that comes up with the result I'm looking for.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:22:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:22:12