Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / An idea for the next Custom Robo clone.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 16:13
I'm making a game and i guess i want the game to play the same as Custom Robo. Like customizing parts for a character and fight in an arena. There will be a few robots to choose from. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for me. So far i've only a few right now. Currently I'm working on the models. IN stead of robots i was thinking about more of calling them Astronauts or maybe Spaceman. Which my robot resembles megaman but with a full cover helmet that remsembles an astronaut. LOL I guess I was thinking about giving him a spaceship in the near future. The last time i scraped my idea for my wrestling game and decided on doing this. So far I also need help on doing controls. I manage to get him to walk forward but when he walks any other direction he still faces the same direction. Can anyone help me out on this. And I'm using DB Pro right now. I did my models on Wings 3D. That program was more useful than anim8or. Although I still use it to alter my model. Anyway can anyone give me some ideas i would really appreciate the help.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2004 18:33
Can't fix code that you don't post. You might want to start a new thread either in the DBP section or the new comer section, your call.
--
TAZ

History did not begin with PONG. -- Greg Costikyan

Game Beavers
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
A fighting game with astronauts..Hmmm Well, changing the characters in a fighting game is not really a way to make an original game. Maybe a fighting game with Zero G would be more original, but realistically, you have less speed in zero G so a punch would be like a prod. Give the guys metal hammer hands, and you then have a more powerful punch in Zero G. So here's the plan...

Astronauts, in Zero G, with Metal weapons as hands.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2004 16:24
To that the astronaut thing. I was thinking about robots in spaceships and explore different planets thing. That's why i called them astronauts. To add something to that I'm making them all metal body that might be a future look thing. Yeah I'm keeping that in mind. yeah, I'll be giving them weapons and arm weapons like megamans's arm buster type of thing or swords and all kinds of things to connect and replace your robot's body parts. Can you tell me what's Zero G? I've never heard of it. Yeah i'm not sure if it's like a fighting game but they'll fight in a giant arena up to 4 players or COM. Like Custom Robo. Sorry to mention this game many times. Lol..... you can choose from robots of up to around 10 or your own custom ones and put them in an arena and battle up till the last astronaut standing. Tell me what people think of the robot name "Astronaut"? It's not the name of the robot it's what they are.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Zero G is when people float around in space. Or low gravity like on the moon would be good too.

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2004 06:44
oh, i get it! yeah, of course i'll have that they're astronauts right? they are traveling in space and onto other planets and moons right? I'd thought Zero G was the name of a game. Lol, I sure felt stupid. I'm going to keep it simple and finish the game that way. Although the project has not even begin yet. I'm still working on the astronaut's looks and body. I've finished building him all i need is to correct his lower leg, do some finishing touches, and texture him. Right now i've only colored him. I hope that also works. I'm working on one first than a second one then i'll build a basic grid level. Afterwards it's on to old fashion coding.
DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 17:14
So far im aiming for 2005, but i'm been too busy with my job that i only work on it once a month. Lol, man im not going to get it done. but as of now im working on 3D Studio MAax 6. So far i have no idea how to use it. So far im trying to import it on to my computer. I don't remember where i put my instructions manual. I've hardly know how to use it. I'm trying to import my models that i've created from Wings 3D. I'm trying to build some finishing touches on him. I'm planning to build 12 models for my game. so far im finishing my first, but my first model is the base model for all the other 11 models.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I don't remember where i put my instructions manual. I've hardly know how to use it."

I think that this instruction manual must be made from Chameleon skin due to the amount of times that people loose it.

Now where's mine?

DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 19:29
yes must be. Lol, I don't think i even had the instructions when i bought it, but i got the rest. Lol Oh well i must remember where it is! Anyhow I'm wondering what you guys think of this plan. do you think it's a good start or anything. and no, i haven't started on the programming yet. Why? cuz i don't have that much time anymore. I must do whatever i can.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:40:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:40:15