Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Annoying things with my computer!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2004 11:39
This has been bother me for a long time, but have tried to deal with it, but I CANNOT handle this ANYMORE!!!!

When I boot up my PC and open my Internet Explorer window, I might go directly to these forums. Mabey along the way for no apparent reason my window is deselected, as it would if I clicked on something else and kept that window in the background. Then when I'm at the forums or doing normal things on the internet that will happen, and sometimes it will act as if I am holding shift down! It will select all the page when I click once on something, and if I use my wheel it will go back or forward some pages.... Sometimes the web page text size will change for no reason at all, and sometimes when I scroll the wheel it changes the text size.

And once it acts like it's holding shift it is quite weird and hard to make it stop... This is very annoying and is happening more and more often... But it seems to happen most after my PC has booted up, then after it's been on for an hour or two. For example, at the beginning of this post it was doing all of the above problems and then half-way down it hasn't done it yet!
Any help? Mabey my computer caught a cold. But it has not done this when I first got this computer...

Arrrgggg

Dgamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Trojan?

This sig has been dullified!
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2004 12:07
are you using a wireless mouse?
(strange question i know, just humor me)

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - July, 2004 * Click Logo
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2004 12:38
Hmmm... would a wireless mouse cause a problem? cause yes, thats what I'm using... and mabey thats when all this started.....

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2004 13:11
is the mouse double clicking when it should be single clicking?
I have this sometimes with mine and the effect sometimes is the current window losing focus upon opening, like you said. If you have a wired mouse, switch to it for a day or two and see if you don't get the problem.

The Lynx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2004 15:27
Hey Newbie Brogo, I once had this problem... uh for like 5 mins. It's some sort of problem with your sticky keys... I'm not sure what though. Do you remember when it started happening?

Anyways, this isn't garaunteed to work (because it was a while ago that I had that problem). Press 5 times quickly and disable sticky keys.. Might help

Oh no! Chrissy had used her powers to turn herself into a hideous man-eating giant!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2004 21:52
Or throw the wireless mouse at a wall.

Damn I hate those damn things - a prime example of a problem solved cheaply and badly. Personally a simple scrollwheel mouse, like even the Microsoft ones are far better at the job.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2004 22:05
VanB,

I have had a logitech wireless mouse and keyb for 4 years and have never had a problem with it until recently. I don't think good brands of wireless products (Logitech) are the problem it may just be that the mouse is on the way out.

(No offense to forum user: Mouse)

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2004 23:28
Nah Van B
You'll know when to chuck the crap...when they create wireless monitors.

Brogo: You could reformat..(what I do everytime I get mad at my PC)

Trying to get my sig up!
Damn you Angelfire!
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Reformatting is a pain in the arse if you wanna save data.

I'd recommend reinstalling Internet Explorer, assuming that's the browser you use. If not, reinstall whatever browser it is you're using. If that doesn't work, well, I don't know what to tell ya

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
Jonny_S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2004 00:38
If you are using IE change to firefox, then you will find many of your internet problems will be fixed

Supermonkey - The crime gifhting sex god monkey!
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2004 00:41 Edited at: 1st Jul 2004 00:44
When I had annyoing problems with my IE, installed Fire Fox. It worked pretty well. Try it, it's free.

EDIT: Dammit! lol, you posted with the exact same idea right before me!

Trying to get my sig up!
Damn you Angelfire!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:27:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:27:02