Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Off to a rough start

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I finally received my DBPro in the mail. I was excited about the prospect of looking at the examples and having a reference manual. Couple of real small problems... Speaking of small, the first problem is the size of the print in the reference manual! That is some real FINE print. I am not that old, but that print is way too small for my eyes. The second problem so far is that the file examples do not compile. I corrected the error, I guess the error is there as a "learning tool"

Havin fun and continuing to learn....
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2004 13:05
make sure to grab the latest patch 5.4

http://betafiles.thegamecreators.com/dbpro/

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - July, 2004 * Click Logo
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2004 22:26
roujesky,

Use the manual as a basic reference to see {most} of the commands that are available. Then use the help in the editor to get {a sometimes better} look at the syntax & parameters.

The documentation is in the process of being re-written. The current manual isn't up-to-date, doesn't contain all the commands, doesn't list all optional parameters, nor does it provide how to actually use the command in conjunction with other commands.

The built in help file, sometimes shows optional parameters but it still isn't up-to-date. Showcase & usage examples don't always contain the command you are trying to reference.

Rich is working hard at documenting every command, syntax, usage, examples, but it is a large undertaking.

Check out some of the tutorials on the developer network page, the code-base & code snippets board, search the forums, check stickies at the top of indivual boards, and finally if you run into a problem try to post your question in the forums.

~zen

roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanx CattleRustler:
Is that a production release or a Beta? I downloaded it and installed, but it came with no release notes.

thanx
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2004 17:26
its a release via TGC

please ask them in regards to their patch.

and check out our plugin too - it rocks

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - July, 2004 * Click Logo
ToXic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2004 17:45
Ver5.4 is a bug fix only.

ToXic.
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanx all. I just received my newsletter and it explained that it was a bug fix. Good to see a lot of development/bug fixes on the product

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 15:39:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 15:39:16