Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / more pre-rendered backgrounds

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive searched this forum for ideas on pre-rendered backgrounds and ony found one thread that would of helped.... if the link i gave was working!

so can anyone tell me how i can use a full screen sized image as a background in DB Classic? if theres anyway to use the background image comand with out tiling the image 6 times. Id try and use a sprite but as im using multiple angles it would be a nightmare trying to work out how far away from the camera the image needs to be, how big etc it just seeems to be unfeseable.

If you have any sugestions of i how i could accomplish what im after or point me in the direction of any tutorials it would be much appreciated,

cheers
SandraD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 03:16
hmm...

I'm not sure I understand the question correctly. According to everything I've tried in my DBC, the load bitmap command works directly on the screen, then you can "grab it" for any piece you need for a background. (Or all of it as it sounds like you're doing.) Once the image is seized to memory, you can paste it as need be to the screen, and print, draw, whatever over it.

Can you ellucidate?
S.

Any truly great code should be indisguishable from magic.
chilledoutjohn
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive used the load bitmap comand and turned the background off, the problem then is when i put the animated 3d charicter infornt of the image an image of the charicter is left printed on the background everytime it is refreshed and stays there so if the charicter walks every frame of it walking is shown on the bitmap. Is there anyway arround this problem?
chilledoutjohn
Years of Service
User Offline
Its ok
Realised wot went wrong
u were right SandraD worked fine

cheers!
SandraD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 07:17
hehehe. okay, I think I know what you did...
easy mistake when working with things like this.

"It's amazing how quickly graphics can confuse the hell out of you!"
S.

Any truly great code should be indisguishable from magic.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 15:36:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 15:36:10