Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / AC COMPO: Dimention Transfer (Working Title)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 02:54 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2004 02:59
Hi. I've been slowly working on my acoders game. It's not progressed very far, though I have something to show. Once I finish my last week of school, I can get working hardcore on it.

Story:
It's the year 2324, and people have developed the first spacecraft ever to reach further than the planet pluto. When it travels to the other side of pluto, the radio starts doing funny stuff, like playing old music, top 40 hits and music never heard before. When scientists investigate the strange frequency, they notice it's an electric field, that connects different time-dimentions. Scientists succesfully tried to run this signal into our computers. With this technicue, we now have the abbility to communicate between all the dimentions. We teach eachother things, have soccer-competitions between dimentions, etc. Everything goes well, until 1 night. When planet Venus appears to be right between Pluto and earth, the signal gets corrupted. A strange electric signal, a virus, enters the field and 1 by 1, all dimentions start to implode. You are a dimention-cop, trained to enter this computerprogram, and make sure everything's alright. This time, it's not. You must go through all zones, and collect the black virus-keys, that dont belong in the system. Only when you have selected them all, the imploding will stop, and an uncountalble number of lives will be saved.

This is converted into a puzzle game. You have 3 doors in each zone, and 3 keys and 3 dimentions. You must open the 3rd door do collect the virus. Every key opens a door, red, green and blue. You can only see the keys of the color of the dimention your in. So you must switch between dimentions and puzzle your way out. But some dimentions have active virusses, protecting the main virus. This adds a little action..

If the images dont show, copy and paste into adress bar:
*http://www.freewebs.com/storage-here2/Time1.JPG*
*http://www.freewebs.com/storage-here2/Time2.JPG*
*http://www.freewebs.com/storage-here2/Time3.JPG*

I hope I'll finish it before the deadline. Questions and comments are more than welcome! PS: This is my first actual game in DB..

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"
- Shigeru Miyamoto
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 04:41
Looks atmospheric

Just so you know, it is spelt dimension. (Sorry for being difficult, but I'd rather you found out now not later).

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
Cliff 3degs network
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 07:44
Looks really great keep it up.
only one thing maybe some better looking key icons and life icons?
but i belive they are really early beta grafix only?

1GHZ AMD ATHLON WITH AN GEFORCE 4 TITANIUM 4600 AND 512 MB SDRAM.
B1rD
Years of Service
User Offline
hehe cool..
it looks like ur using some of the quake2 textures i guess
Mitchell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 15:23
Shit. I'd better change that then. to Dimension! Thanks for that! Though I probably wont change the health n key gfx. They were supposed to give a simple look to the game. hope it worked, and isn't just plain ugly

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"
- Shigeru Miyamoto
Arkheii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 21:19
Awesome shadows. Lightmaps?

Mitchell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 21:59
Yeah