Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Frogger! :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2004 01:28

Hi there every one, hows things?

Well I have posted here because not so much that I am a noob, because I have done various demos and the Colour Splash childrens colouring book but because I thought it was about time that I got a game sorted as I haven't done one yet!!!

Any help in this post would be really greatful

Right here's what I plan to do:

I will be using DarkBasic Pro, music is not a problem as I have someone to do that and gfx, well I can draw well but I wanted to concentrate on coding so does anyone know of a site with the original gfx from the arcade game? I have mame and have looked on the net but can't find anything.
Obviously this is a 2D project.
Controls will be with keyboard and joypad which I have covered as that should be easy!

I have had no xp with sprites or collisions in DB Pro so help here would be great, although I should understand any concepts (hopefully) you might have as I did a lot of work with Amos!

Like I said and help or info to where I can find gfx or even a frogger game in the codebase as an example would be great!

Thanks and bye for now

New to DBPro comin from AMOS on the Amiga!
SpecTre1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2004 04:15
Hmmm

No ideas anyone?

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2004 05:29
Searching google for frogger emulator or frogger emulator and you should find a few screenshots or even a java or flash version that uses the original graphics.
A really quick search found this http://www.klov.com/F/Frogger.html

As for sprite collision in dbpro it is bounding box not per pixel which should be fine with frogger.

can i scream
SpecTre1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2004 06:01
Thanks for the tip on bounding box. U know of any tutorials or code with it working in action as it were?

Monzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2004 07:15
AMOS rocked many years ago since i used it though, but DB Pro on PC is what AMOS on Amiga was for me

- b00h
SpecTre1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 06:45
just testing my avitor

Raver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 09:09
the frogger rom should be easy to get..and if you download mame32,you can load the rom with that...one of the function keys when running the rom in mame,displays the sprite set used..or while the game is running i think F12 snapshots the screento a bmp file!
Either way mame is the best thing to use..and of course you can play the original for a general guidance

djwheeler
Raver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 09:32
ah!AMOS!!! those were the days...the good old amiga..stopped the pain of loading spectrum tapes,sat watching the tape go around for 10 minutes only to see it crash near the end!!mooohahaha...
Alot of programming languages of 2day still dont have the power amos had...its own built in sprite editor,or to be more precise BoB editor,its folding procedures,its powerful Animation language(Amal)..
yes,amos was truly great...

djwheeler
SpecTre1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 22:35
Thanks for the advise there m8 and yep Amos rocked!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 15:26:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 15:26:03