Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Amazing how much coding you can do in 1 day...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2004 02:48
I just sat down this morning and coded hard through the day...

I literally got 3 whole levels of "Dumbo" finished I'm not talking some level editor thing here, I hard-coded them using plains and matrices, not to mention all the texturing and sound effects and whatnot... That's about half of the game done.

What's the best day of coding everyone else has had? Mine's today

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2004 03:02
i had a good one a week or so ago

Formerly known as "DarkWing Duck"
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2004 03:21
That's a lot of coding, but it really would save time and effort to make a level editor

The new developer network updates and beta downloads kick ass.
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2004 03:42
My worst is today. Zero coding. Actually all week like this. I actually spent my time mapping XML from a french system to our system. Tedious tastic. Along with the most massive API to come out of france, it doesn't help when they use "colourful" interpretations of the language. Fun.

My best has got to be sometime in 1991. Three of us worked a 30odd hour effort to finish a project that was supposed to take a month of coding. We had like a carton of fags, a packet of Pro-plus, snacks, plus a few cans of beers (to help things flow nicely). It went pretty well, with almost 100% coding. We were like vampires when they opened the blinds in the morning. Was pretty good until we were told the assignment had been put back a week, and that we were all banned from the solarium (one of the sun sparcstation rooms) because of all the rubbish we had left strewn over the desks. I slept for like 2 days solid after that one... good times...

I also did a 92 hour working week once in Dubai of almost 100% coding. That was fun for the bank account and for the range of colours you can see with the naked eye (it seems more). Ah. 156 hours of overtime that month.... mmmm...

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2004 11:38

There we go, today was most I've ever done! Tomorrow I'll try and beat that record.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2004 12:02 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2004 13:21
I haven't necessarily been coding in DBP, but doing a lot of 3D work. (See my WIP film in the 3D section)

Also, I started programming a .tsx which is essentially a plug-in for Truespace users. If I get around to it, I'll put in native exportation for .dbo from Truespace! (Along with any other formats I can handle)

Quite in exciting day for me.

---------------------------
[EDIT] .tsx is up and running!

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:37:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:37:44