Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How to make game? I don't have program knowledge

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 09:40 Edited at: 5th Jul 2004 09:41
I just down demo version of darkbasic. I not too sure is it there is nothing inside for me to create simple game. I found a library sample game at folder myproj/room...

inside the darkbasic, i only saw programming. is it true that game only make by full programming and not click and drop type and few insert of program??? Sorry my english not good, i mean : take example: dreamweaver/frontpage create homepage by insert picture, type in and then save and that it. of course if want to advance, can switch to HTMl format to edit more advance.....

So is darkbasic also have 2 interface, insert charactor, level, then few program command then (f4) (f5) to make the game run...OR i only can see programming then comfile(f4) and execute(f5)
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 09:46
DBPro is a full-on programming language where you would have to write all of the code and design all of the media yourself

The 3D Game Maker (and soon to be released First Person Shooter Creator) are more of a click and drop type of system to make games with little or no programming

hope that helps

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - July, 2004 * Click Logo
Monzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 10:20
Clan9 you sure seem like an idiot .. go away

http://monz.adsl.dk
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 13:34
@Monzi,
There really was no need for that.

This is the newcomers board, and he was asking a valid and serious question. Not everyone realizes that DB/DBpro are full-on programming languages. Especially since the name of the company is The Game Creators, and they do have drag & click products that CR mentioned.

It doesn't make him an idiot.

At least he was smart enough to ask the question now.

@cattlerustler, nice response! You see you do have the makings to be a MOD. "don't fear the horns!"

Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 13:40
By the way, HTML isn't a programming language, it's a scripting language. But CR's post hit it right on the nail.

GameXaero forums - www.t4e0.4cybiko.com
Rush owns--> www.Rush.com ---> I'm going to see them Aug. 7
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 13:44
@Zen,

Heh, thanks.
cheers

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - July, 2004 * Click Logo
clan9
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The 3D Game Maker (and soon to be released First Person Shooter Creator) are more of a click and drop type of system to make games with little or no programming"

i know 3D game maker is the easiest. almost don't need programming.
What if i buy 3D gamemaker, can i open in Darkbasic PRo? so that i can learn all the programming and step.
Sorry, i need to ask alot first before i buy. For me is abit expensive + i didn't study computer school or know any computer language.
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 14:48
I don't own 3D gamemaker but from what I have read about it, there isn't anyway to see the code that it generates by opening it in DBpro.

I'm sure someone will give you a definate answer on this. If you are looking to create First Person Shooters, and would like to keep coding/programming everything at a distance for now I would recommend waitng for "First Person Shooter Creator" to be released. If you are looking to create many different types od 3D games including possibly 2D apps, I would invest in DBpro. It will take you some time to have anything near a game, being it will be your first time with any programming language, but if you like it, it will stay with you for a lifetime and it is a most enjoyable hobby.

For right now, use the trial for what it was designed for. Spend thirty days with it to see if coding is for you. It's usually a "love it" or "hate it" type thing, and there isn't really any in-between.

BTW, if you are looking to create some basic 3D games, without full control of everything, The 3D Gamemaker may just be what you need. Just remember that this is a programming board, so most people here like programming languages.

Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2004 05:37
If you downloaded the Original DarkBasic (not DarkBasic Pro) trail. I recommend you use this tutorial to get started and see how easy it is to program in DarkBasic.

the tutorial is located here
http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=t02/bm_tutorial_index

Wasting CPU Cycles since the 286 was a hot machine.
Filmmaker Screenwriter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2004 06:06 Edited at: 6th Jul 2004 06:10
Quote: "Clan9 you sure seem like an idiot .. go away"

that was just uncalled for.

anywayz, yeah- it sounds like you want the 3d gamemaker. you would love that. then, maybe one day you'll like to begin programming. then u could buy DB Lite for $15 in case you think it wont be "your thing"

and maybe one day people won't just fire off and call u an idiot for no reason whatsoever.

Pentium4 3GHZ, 512MB DualChannel RAM, 256MB ATI Radeon 9800XT, SoundBlaster Audigy2, 120 GB HD.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 15:25:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 15:25:13