Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Tree Magik Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 22:48
Hi,

Any users of this out there?

I downloaded the trail, it ran first time, but from there in each time I start it up I get a Memory Acess Vilocation box up. Not the windows one, one from the app. Then it closes out.

Hmm!

Cheers.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 23:12
It is the best tree making application on the scene at the moment. It is not very good. The trees are completely unanimated/boned for movement in the wind, the supplied textures are not ^2x^2 and many have missing alpha maps.

Placing leaf clusters is awkward at best. It doesnt support .3ds. Some exports are so bad it then cannot reimport. (use DX export that one is fine).

Although it's the best available there is room for tons of improvement in the genre, it's one I am considering.

I gave a list of suggestions to Alien Codec, but nothing was ever done. Mind you, the much vaunted paid membership to the plugged in online community has exactly 0 content...

If you want to make trees or have trees in your game consider getting Tree Magik, it is quick and easy to make trees. It just isn't as good as it could be.

Which is the biggest tool? The computer, or the muppet who invented it?
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 23:20 Edited at: 5th Jul 2004 23:21
Hi,

Thanks for the info. I seemed ok the first time I started it up, not quite as pro looking as I was expecting though. Anyway, now I can't even get it to start up so its on to the alternatives. The tree plug in thing for Gile[s] looks ok, and its free. Might be worth a look

Cheers.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 23:43 Edited at: 5th Jul 2004 23:45
Pov-ray has some nice tree plug ins.

Edit: Whoops I was using it for 2D work!

I forgot.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2004 00:31
I was thinking about this too, but dropped the idea from vanmesh because treemagic appeared - might look into adding something - trees are a freakin nightmare to model (except connifurs), and then you have to try and get them looking different because forests of identical trees look terrible.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:40:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:40:36