Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / loading maps from cartographer into Dark Basic

Author
User Banned
Posted: 6th Jul 2004 01:41
Hi

I am a newbie to Dark Basic - and have this to ask - I created a construction in Cartography Shop and i have two questions to ask. Firstly, i designed a model and saved it as an .x file but when i tried to load it into Dark Basic it said that the model wouldnt load. Why would this be?

I then tried again - i designed a very very simple construction and then loaded it into Dark Basic - it worked but the colours i had used were not displayed the same as the ones i had used - they were all dark and the screen background was blue????? Whyh wasnt it displayed as i had done it.

My last question is this - if u create a construction map in cartographer and i have designed a skybox - how do i load the two into dark basic so they act as one object so that the constructions i have made move correctly with the 3d landscape i have made in another program???

Thankyou - please answer as quickly as possible... someone!!!!
Ocean Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2004 02:05
Okay, first off, what version of Cartography Shop are you using? If its 4.1 then it should copy the textures into the same place it puts the .x file.

The blue background is default 3D enviroment for DarkBASIC. The reason you level looks all gray is because it doesn't have the image files needed to put on the model. Check in the directory where the .x file is and make sure that all the images (algeabrick, snowbrick, etc) that you used in your model are there. If they are then loading the model should work fine.

"Computers in the future may weigh no more then
1.5 tons. - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 15:37:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 15:37:37