Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Pitching 3d object up, relative to itself

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I need to pitch a 3D object upwards relative to it's self not to the global axis's
I used the ROTATE OBJECT and PITCH OBJECT UP commands but they all do it along the world's X axis, is it possible to pitch an object along it's own X axis? If so how.
I'm trying to make a small flight sim, nothing special.
I hope I've been clear, but I do not know how else to ask it.
Hopeless Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Also as well, Is it possible to write text the registry instead of just a numeric value?
Macrosii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2004 21:13
Search for EZrotate. This is a great DLL that you can use to make all rotations easy. There are a number of threads on it and some examples around.
Macrosii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2004 21:17
Here is a link to WOLFs website where you can download

http://www.ericksonline.com/
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2004 21:47
Pitch object up is a free-flight command that rotates object around the object's x axis, not the global axis. Why do you think otherwise?

More importantly, what version and patch of DB are you using as old versions did not do free-flight stuff properly but they are a lot better now. You should also not mix normal rotation commands and the free-flight commands on the same object as you sometimes get some oddities.

Boo!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:31:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:31:23