Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Animations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2004 03:44
I am using the knight as my protagonist of my game and I now have him moving aropund using my controler on a matrix. I thinks the next step is to insert needed animations. So does the knight from the free christmas models come animated and if so how can i load them?Also I am looking for the best human animation program to make cut scenes in my game,but first i need to knoew how they are done. Thanks to anyone who came answer any of these questions.
Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2004 04:30
Im not sure about any 'free christmas knight model', but to check if any model has animation use the TOTAL OBJECT FRAMES(Object Number) command. Then play it using play object(). To set which animation you play (walking, fighting, ect...) use append object(). You can find all these commands and more in the 'help' files. Just smack F1 in the IDE and look under the Basic3d commands.

As for modeling programs, I hear milkshape is the best freeware modeler out there. Give it a shot.

http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/

All you need is zeal
Nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2004 06:11
Thanks Zeal I know know that my model has animation frames in it but when I tried to use the append object command I came up with some error. So do you think that you could give me some code that would find the different animation names?You can just call the object Knight.X.Thanks
Nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2004 23:34
Could some one please help me.
Nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 06:50
Please could some one give me example code of how to find the names of all the animations in a model.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 07:34
No can do. The models that I have seen do not have named animations. You tell DBP to play from frame A to frame B.
--
TAZ

History did not begin with PONG. -- Greg Costikyan

Game Beavers
Axelman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2004 22:01
try this

anyways, i hope that helps you.

CURRENT PROJECT: Enemy At The Gates
Nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2004 09:51
For some reason that code did not work for me Axelman the loop command seems out of place. But I tried this code And I can not figure out why it it did'nt work

and none of the animations are working
o0 Static 0o
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2004 16:38 Edited at: 16th Jul 2004 16:38
You need to make something like this:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:38:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:38:25