Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / everything is screwed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2004 07:18
what is wrong this sucks it won't work it says #100007: variable 'string' name is not valid at line 10. heres the code.

jacob warren
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2004 07:26
You are using CENTER TEXT wrong.
From the help
Quote: "CENTER TEXT
This command will output the provided string using the current text settings at the specified coordinates. The text will be centered on the X coordinate given. The coordinates should be integer values.

SYNTAX
CENTER TEXT X,Y,String"

Change
center text 100,100,string
to
center text 100,100,"new game"
and get rid of the PRINT as it isn't needed.

can i scream
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2004 07:49
Hey gothboy 101, just because you can't program doesn't mean that everything is broken. Lighten up, have a little patience, and post messages with meaningful titles when you need help.

Remember, the search function on this forum looks at the words in the title. Perhaps the next user will need help with a string error. You can bet money that they're not going to search for 'everything' or 'screwed'.

On the bright side, thumbs up for including the code. That makes it a lot easier so someone (usually a volunteer) can help you.
--
TAZ

History did not begin with PONG. -- Greg Costikyan

Game Beavers
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2004 11:00
Don't tell him he can't program, that will only discourage him

Just remember to check the help files whenever you are having trouble with a command. I have been programming for years and I still check the help files quite often. You can't be expected to remember everything...

Xander Moser of Bolt Software
Firewall: Your Computer's First Defense - Real Time Strategy game
[href][/href]
gothboy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2004 12:49
thank you bolt i'm learning fast and think about it i'm only twelve i'm reading the bok every day.

jacob warren

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:17:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:17:12