Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Show case section

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2004 15:17 Edited at: 7th Jul 2004 15:29
Download the Full Game
You can download the full game Limit Rush, available from our Showcase section. This is the game you learn to build step by step in this tutorial.

I can't seem to find the Showcase section. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to work through Binary Moon's Tutorial & it would be nice to see what the final outcome will be. It's late ,however, & I'll post the errors I'm recieving at a "later" time. No pun intended. Help please if you can & if you will. BTW I have DBP but I'm using DBlite for this tutorial. Is that ok? Sorry, one more question if I upgrade DBLite to the full version would it be considered DB Classic? And would it be necessary? Ok that was really two questions. Goodnight all!

What is lost can never be saved.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2004 19:07
Here's the Showcase : http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=showcase

As far as DBLite goes, it is exactly the same as DBC except that you don't get the extra media and you cannot generate an exe. If you have DBPro, do you really need a full version of DBC?

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Zazen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2004 00:33
Thanks for the reply, IanM. The BM tutorial says the code was wrote for DB & may not run correctly with DBP. On the forum I have read both ways. One person says it will & another says it won't. I just want to eliminate any unnecessary problems & errors.

What is lost can never be saved.
Filmmaker Screenwriter
Years of Service
User Offline
Dark Basic Lite is Dark Basic Classic, only without EXE saving capabilities to make it more budget priced for the starter. You can still execute the stuff you make with it and save the source, so I wouldn't upgrade if I were you, if you only need it for that tut and you already have DBP.

Besides, i think if you put DBC code in DBP it works, but not the other way around...maybe I'm wrong.

Pentium4 3GHZ, 512MB DualChannel RAM, 256MB ATI Radeon 9800XT, SoundBlaster Audigy2, 120 GB HD.

Currently developing: 3D Pac Man Clone (working title)
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 00:33
there are some syntax changes/additions in pro, so you may have to fiddle with the dbc code in pro to get it working

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - July, 2004 * Click Logo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:27:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:27:35