Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 7th Jul 2004 19:59
How do u use doors within the framework of the 3d object???? In cartographer shop would u make the construction so that there is a hollow for the door?? and use an object to simulate the door? If this is the case - then how would u get the door to fit exactly into the doorframe, and open realistically???
robo cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2004 03:00
You would leave a hole where the door would be when you make it in cartography shop

Knowing the grid size of the cartography map you can make a box object in darkbasic of the same size as the hole.

To open the door just move and rotate the box object that has a door texture. Getting it to be smooth can be difficult if you are colliding with it. If you are a newbie I'd recommend leaving doors always open or having them qither be completely open or completely closed, unless they are affecting gameplay.
Soy Cocktail
Years of Service
User Offline
i recently made a function for my game to move my doors. my doors slide open rather then open on hinges. what i did was made a box hid it from the camera, and dected collisions between it and your character. when a collision takes place i have it slide the doors till their position is above a threshold.

i made the house in cshop and exported it as 3 objects the house and then two doors

Aku Soku Zan
Wicked Immedate Slay
Slay Evil Immedately
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2004 17:21
I made my doors in CSHOP and exported to .x then left a hollow the same size as the door. I made my doors pivot like on a hinge but sliding works well too. I manually placed the doors with code for now, but I am going to use the entity system from APEX's CSM Importer to place them soon. Or I might use the .txt export and place them from the entities I place in CSHOP.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:37:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:37:13