Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Classic Basic Programming

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2004 07:22
Quote: "I chose not to answer, I had been given the installer for PlayBasic a few weeks back; I know I have registered the current version available on your site.
"

Erm what ?, you've registered PB2.12b ?.

Quote: "If I am handed a copy of software, that to my knowlage was suppose to be free I simply assume that it is a download from the site.
As when I checked the site there was an updated version there, that confirms what I believe.
"

What a surprise, conveniently sidestepping your previous apparently defiant statement of

"Quite frankly tought titties.
I've been messing around with PlayBasic since 1.4-something, currently I believe I have the 2.0x build... i can't remember what one exactly"

your clearing claiming to have knowingly accessed versions of PB that were NOT available to the public.

Which is/was obviously a lie. see bellow..

Quote: "
The only time I checked your site on the matter of the language was when you first started the idea.
Now if someone handed this to me when they weren't suppose to then I'd suggest you stricen either your ftp security measures or think more carefully before accepting people into your beta program.
"

It's quiet simple, theft is illegal, as is being on the receiving end of theft. Pleading ignorance isn't a very attractive trait.

Quote: "This wouldn't be the first time I have been handed a beta product without my knowlage of what it actually is and I doubt it will be the last. Some people find the feedback I give on products extremely productive.
"

Lets say I believe that for more than one millisecond. It's a very self gratifying thing to say, as your trying to imply that your input would have been greatly beneficial. Lets say it is, it's strange then, for somebody who has had access to PB for so long and used it extensively (in your own words above).. That I've never received a single email from you with any such 'helpful' feedback / suggestions.

The thing is, if I truly thought your input would have been insightful, or in any way useful, I would have asked you.

Quote: "That said the language barely interests me, even after use. It is interesting but that as far as I'm conserned is as far as it goes.
It isn't something I'll ever purchase if it goes retail and it isn't something I'm particularly crazy about using.
"

And who was asking for your opinion ?.

Quote: "I said the same thing to Sibley when gave me a copy of BlitzMax. It's a nice product but I don't really see me using it much."

Well, since you brought it up. I'll ask Mark about that...

Quote: "If this was done without your conscent then fine, I'm sorry I have an aparent Beta. Didn't even say beta in the damn help and the site has it up for free, so god knows why you think i'm suppose to know."

and there you have it, Raven verifies without a shadow of a doubt (not that there ever was any) that he's download either a version from the PB home page or the Mailing list preview (which is perfectly public & legal), but then preceded to big note himself, by trying to lie about having accessed beta revisions.

In case anybody is wondering how I know this (apart from being the author of PB), as it's easily verified, as the only editions of PB that don't have protection, have HELP and come in Installers are the public release previews 2.07 through to 2.12b. All of which are easily downloadable.

Unless raven's now going to say he hacked a BETA to run on his system. Yeah that's something a professional with no interest in the product would do right ?

Kevin Picone
[url]www.underwaredesign.com[/url]
Play Nice! Play Basic (Out Now!)
Thoth Onegan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2004 11:25
So hows the compiler coming? I have an old 386 around here, that would be interesting to play with.

Quote: "-> Timer Loop, what do you think is the best way to go around it?
Currently my thought is an automatic speed adjuster. But I could just as easily add a timer and let the users deal with the loop speed, or maybe add an Update keyword so you tell the processor to run the memory stored code."

If you can possibly, have both. Thatll be a lot like DBPs way of doing it. (sync on, off)

Quote: "-> HID Support, Acorn BASIC didn't have them; but the Amstrad did. Should they be included? (Joysticks/Mice)"

At least mouse, doesnt have to be that well though.

Quote: "-> MultiLanguage Support, I want to add this, but to be honest no idea how to go about it... as i'd have to hard code the characters used which could be a chore. (especially as English is nice being it only has 26 letters)
Let me know your thoughts on this, I think if I did add such support I'd only really need Russian and Japanese to begin with; expand with Korean/Chinese later."

Really depends how this is going to be distributed. If its just going to be mentioned on this site (with just being English), you probably wont need MultiLanguage support, but it depends on what happens to it. Could always add later.

Quote: "-> Sound Blaster Support, I am seriously thinking of adding this as an option turn/off. You'll still have the exact same sound controls, they'll just come out of a different speaker hehee.
Main reason i'm thinknig of adding it is cause my PC Speaker is bust ^_^"

Sound Blaster support would definitly be handy, esepcially if you can get the PC Speaker command set to control it effectively.
Luminence
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So hows the compiler coming? I have an old 386 around here, that would be interesting to play with."

I wouldn't count on it.
gothboy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2004 05:20
raven youre alittle to smart its scary

Dragonseige
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2004 06:16
goth, he tries hard to fake it.

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
as i've said so many times before: ah, apollo.

this place is so fun to watch! newbies, trolls, spammers, and liars!

OK enough of that damn DBP fanboy banner. i'm NOT a DBP fanboy in any way. i haven't used DBP in over a year, and i don't really plan on using it again.
gothboy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2004 07:59
yes jimmy youre right its perty hard to scare me

Dragonseige
gothboy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2004 08:02
jimmy or was that about trying to be a nice guy

Dragonseige
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2004 18:24
Quote: "HID Support, Acorn BASIC didn't have them"

Acorn BASIC supported D-Pad type joysticks, or are you thinking of the other type ?

Come to the UK Convention on the 23rd & 24th of October
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2004 07:27
I still Have the BBC basic........ And it still works!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 11:32:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 11:32:06