Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help please! .x to .bsp and 5.4 upgrade

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, I have two and a half issues that I need help with. I want to convert a .x object into a .bsp file for use in DBP. Should I be using the BSP PVS compiler that appears in the game creators StartUp group? I made a simple .x plain in Truespace and when I tried to put this through that program I got the error message, "Cannot calculate portal to leaf direction", and then program crashes. Can someone tell me how I could build a level as a .x file, actually I can build the object no problem. What I really want to know is how to I get this into DBP and set up collisions with it.

Second issue, I downloaded the 5.4 upgrade and installed it, but my editor still says I am using version 1.053.

Does anyone have an estimated date for that DBPro book I heard mentioned some time ago?

Thank you, kind people

Gazzaden
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2004 10:10
regarding your 1.053 issue, re-run the 5.4 patch and choose REPAIR, then check the version again. It should now be 1.054

regarding the book, if its the one I am thinking of, I'd stay away from it.

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - July, 2004 * Click Logo
Sparda
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2004 13:35
I wouldn't try using the BSP PVS compiler, could never get it to work myself. If you want to make bsp maps, look for Valve's Hammer, a great AND free tool for bsp creation.

gl and hf
howboring
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I've only just started using DB Pro and find it fantastic!

I recently bought Cartography Shop 4 because I find it easy to build rooms and stuff... is it hard to do collisions with .x ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:34:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:34:41