Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Just want a little constructive criticism please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am very new to DarkBasic but I am smart enough to know to start small. What I did was write a very basic text based black jack program. I may add features to it later like double and split, and even give it real cards, but for now, as a stripped down model it works. All I want is for some people to read my code and see if there's anything I could have done better as far as structure and syntax and anything else that could make it less convoluted. Thanks for any help you can give.
Jeremy
Jerbo
Years of Service
User Offline
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2004 23:50
FYI, no need for the second post, the SOURCE button is good enough.

Overall, it looks good. My only advice would be to group all the sub routines before the functions and make it easier on the parser.
--
TAZ

History did not begin with PONG. -- Greg Costikyan

Game Beavers
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2004 23:56
I have a playing card module in the code base...

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=codebase_view&i=3ad5fdf422f8760be4d724be871866f4

maybe it will help

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - July, 2004 * Click Logo
Jerbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for your comments. If anyone else has any help to offer I would appreciate it. I think I am going to add some functionality to this game. Maybe, work on a tic tac toe game, and maybe a 3d pong or something.... My overall goal is to work on an RPG/graphic adventure game. I don't have any dillusions of grandeur. I know it may take me years and it's not likely to be a anything that anyone would buy, but I love this stuff, and I want to do it. I have someone working on characters/storyline, and someone else using 3ds to design his ideas. I also, have someone ready to do sound effects and music for me...All that's left is for me to learn.. I told them they have all the time in the world LOL. Anyway any good tutorial suggestions for me, that might lead me in the direction when I'm ready?
Jeremy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:26:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:26:02