Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / racing game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how easy is it to make a racing game in the style of NFS Underground?
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 09:24
To be honest nothing(any type of game) is easy to program. It all depends on your experience and then your knowledge of DBpro syntax. Next add in experience in modeling, texturing, physics modeling, collision, 2d artwork, rendering, handling some type of LOD algorithm, etc... So the answer is different for each person.

Of cousre DB/DBpro definately provides the framework to make your task easier and less daunting , but there are so many variables. You can probably cut you time down, if you have models & textures already designed, as well as some plugins like NG's collision dll.

Is it possible to do a game in the style of NFS Underground? Yes
Will it be as good or as in depth? depends but probably not if you plan on doing everything yourself and your startin from scratch.

take a look at some of the racer's that have been released in both the Program Announcement board, and the WIP board.

~zen

rage gaming webmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
i have no knowlege of programming or anything like that but am interested in making a game exclusively for my site. If any of u guys out there would be able to rise to the challenge, how much would it cost me?
rage gaming webmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
nobody interested?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:24:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:24:20