Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / In your opinion, is this too good to be true?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 10:02 Edited at: 10th Jul 2004 10:13
http://highestpaysurveys.com/

The only thing I'm concerned about is the fine print on the bottom of the page saying

Quote: "Your results may vary. No guarantee can be made of actual earnings."

I'm tempted to try, but I don't want to shell out money for this. I tried searching Google for reviews but I can't find anything!

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 10:04
Looks utterly fake. Check out the hodgepodge of photographs that don't match up and lack of real business information.

Shooting for Eternium Man.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 10:05
Yes - If you have to ask, then it is ... now I'll actually go and have a look at the site

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 10:10
Like it has been said on this site before "If it sounds too good to be true - Then it usually is!"

The cath here is that they are providing you, at a charge, a compiled-list? of sites? and or comapnies? that have paid someone? at least once some? amount of money for a survey.

~zen

Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 10:22
Doesn't seem like a good ideaProbably looking for the gullible, the curious, and the desperate.

That one guy says something all scams say:

Quote: "You know, there are so many scams on the internet, I was very, very reluctant to lay my money down. But highest pay surveys is the real deal. I made over $1,500 in the first week, and who knows where I'll be by the end of the month. All I can say is, if you're looking for a great way to make money at home, do not hesitate. If I can make this work, anybody can. (George Wilson, Parks, AZ)"

Everyone seems to say that.

Quote: "Get A Free Car And Get Paid To Drive It"

I doubt anyone would do that

*I wish someone would*

WWSD?
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 10:33
I was stupid enough about a year ago to fall for exactly the same type of thing. In total, I only got back $10 for doing some really stupid and time-consuming surveys. I haven't even bothered to take any more surveys for close to a year. All these sites give you is a huge list of other sites that give you a list of other sites, etc., etc.

Dgamer
Years of Service
User Offline
S-C-A-M

This sig has been dullified!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 11:07
check out the domain administration details.

Registrant:
FreeWeeklyMassage.com
ATTN: HIGHESTPAYSURVEYS.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
Phone: 570-708-8780

Domain Name: HIGHESTPAYSURVEYS.COM

Administrative Contact :
FreeWeeklyMassage.com
mk6a66946kn@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
ATTN: HIGHESTPAYSURVEYS.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
Phone: 570-708-8780

Technical Contact :
Network Solutions, LLC. (HOST-ORG)
customerservice@networksolutions.com
13200 Woodland Park Drive
Herndon, VA 20171-3025
US
Phone: 1-888-642-9675
Fax: 571-434-4620

Record expires on 17-Apr-2006
Record created on 17-Apr-2003
Database last updated on 01-Jul-2004

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

NS.VALUEWEB.NET 216.219.253.211
NS2.VALUEWEB.NET 216.219.254.10

This listing is a Network Solutions Private Registration. Mail correspondence to this address must be sent via USPS Express Mail™ or USPS Certified Mail®; all other mail will not be processed. Be sure to include the registrant’s domain name in the address.

Show underlying registry data for this record

IP Address: 64.70.241.50 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
IP Location: US(UNITED STATES)
Record Type: Domain Name
Server Type: Indeterminate
Lock Status: ACTIVE
DMOZ no listings
Y! Directory: see listings
Secure: Yes
E-commerce: Yes
Traffic Ranking: Not available
Data as of: 08-Jun-2004

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 11:25
Lol, it sounds as fake as they come.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 12:25
I've seen people get free cars to drive here in the states with some stipulations.

some have advertisements all ove the vehicle.

Some (this one was from Daewoo) require that you log so many hours per month of people willing to test drive your car. And their are rulse to how the car needs to be maintained cleaned and driven.

~zen

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 18:55
Too good to be true.

Om a similar subject a favourite of the "0% finance on any furniture you buy" offer in the UK is to add a clause to the contract where, after your final repayment you have to send a cheque for £1. Of course, after 4 years or so people forget this, and as a result are made to pay the interest.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 21:20 Edited at: 10th Jul 2004 21:26
OMFG!!!

This is crazy, the guy at the bottom who says

When you say highest pay surveys, it's the truth! Every day there are surveys paying $300. This is the easiest job I've ever had and I'm loving it. (Ralph Drapkin, Miami, FL)

is my maths lecturer at university.

http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~mmk/index.html#photo

Edit:
Lol, and that is definately not his voice, he is German!

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 22:01
Haha, rofl DarkRider - somebody has been stealing photos

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 22:20 Edited at: 10th Jul 2004 22:35
Lmao, omg, you should email him about that... although he might think it's spam according to that site you gave us lol.

Notice that all the voices read the text out really slowly and clearly, with absolutely no emotion or emphasis on any words at all. o_O

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 22:39 Edited at: 10th Jul 2004 22:40
LOL, the voice acting is so... well... horrible. Especially Maria Gonzalez and George Wilson.

Edit: what Exeat says.

Play Nice! Play Basic! Check it out. Now.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 23:08
Lol, I just noticed this:

Quote: "And let me tell you, I've been burned by other survey companies."

Ok, so she's burned by other survey companies (note: plural) so she's failed more then once at this but yet she tries another one again! Yeah, right.

Emperor Baal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 23:13
I wonder if stealing pictures is illegal, I mean, it happened here too. I got a letter in a gold/yellow painted enveloppe from a german lottery or something, stating I was a lucky winner. All I had to do was fill out a form.

There was a picture at the top of the letter, in it was a man holding the grand E1,000,000 prize.
One week later I saw the same man, he was dutch, on TV claiming he never had a prize in his hands and his picture was stolen from his site. The german company later admitted they photoshopped his picture

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2004 00:44
Whats scarey is that *lots* of people believe it. There was a program the other day about this bloke who advertised the usual "Earn £500-£2000 a week, PART TIME!!!". You paid him the sign on fee, then they sent you work (normally typing stuff up) when they get it. Was a total scam basically.

Another, closer to home, example was my Dad. Basically my parents are going to move to Spain to retire before the end of the year. Nice. After hearing a *load* of stuff about dodgy estate agents and scam companies (you get your house, but you probably pay 10-20% more for it) we all decided to go with a local (pref. english speaking) estate agent. You know, one with a big shop in the street and lots of advertising. ie. much like in the UK. Once he gets there, all it takes is one person to tell him that it's best to go with the (english run) companies, as all spaniards are dodgy smoking amigos etc etc. Who was the person? Yep, someone who worked for one of these companies. And they would meet my parents somewhere to show them houses (not at a proper esate agent shop...) For f**ks sakes.... took a lot of shouting down the phone at stupid phone rates to get them to change their minds on that one. And then there was the health insurance. Some bloke tells them that you can't trust the spanish private healthcare because all spanish doctors are totally dodgy and dirty, and even smoke away while performing surgery etc (as in Exorist type 70's humour). Hmmm. Who told them this? Yep. An american who is a salesman for a private health company run by an american firm. And it costs about 4 times as much. Arrrggg.... Considering (if it's anything like here) that you will probably see the same doctors and be in the same hospitals no matter what your health company is (is just a policy) then is a total waste of money. But talk in English (ie. not like Johnny foreigner) and most people believe anything you say...

No. Honestly, that survey thingy is the real deal. Take it from me, I bought a ferrari within 4 months with the same company. Honest, it isn't fake at all. I mean I've seen fakes, but this isn't one of them. I mean grief. And that sort of thing is on their *own* site. Not as if your dad (ie. someone you should be able to trust 100%) is now jetting off to Australia with a bundle of cash thanks to it.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:26:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:26:24