Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Lovely weather (for Kansas Dorothy)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 22:35
heres something different, tornado`s in Lincolnshire, UK, not those noisy kerosine powered things flown by the RAF but tubes of whirling wind that descend from the clouds , even managed to get some Photographs, weird weather for England, I am just wondering if I should rename the dog Toto.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, Nvidia FX5900 gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2004 00:50
Wow I've heard of very small ones in the UK - how big was this?

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I've seen a couple. I've been in 2 Earth Quakes as well in England.

Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2004 07:17
@DavidT : not huge, but then again they are several billion percent larger than normal , one was long and thin and seemed as though it reached the ground from where we where looking, the other was much thicker but just came down halfway from the clouds and then fizzled out, I don`t think the first one touched ground though since the local radio haven`t mentioned anything, although it could have gone through some fields and nobody saw it, today wasn`t a day for being outside, cold and squally rain all day, we don`t get the credit for spotting them first since my mate rung and told us, he was describing them to us from his viewpoint, they where much closer to him than us, they where much larger too than by the time I had got the camera out, by the time I had taken some photos they where starting to fizzle out, then the low battery warning came on after 4 shots and by the time I got back with some new batterys in the camera there was nothing much to see, so I didn`t take any more photos, now if I had had the video camera battery charged , I can see how people miss getting proof when they see something and try to photograph it, took me three or four minutes to think of getting a camera .

Mentor.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, Nvidia FX5900 gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:28:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:28:52