Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Help with my router

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2004 04:47
i want to be able to set up a dedicated UT2004 server on my computer. I set one up but when i go into the ut2004 server brower it says my server ping is N/A, (if i go to the LAN browser it appears with a ping of 20). I know it is possible as other people i have talked to have managed to do it. I think it is something to do with my ADSL router. I dont know anything about all the settings NAT, PPP, virtual server, etc... so i need some help. i could plug in my other modem, but then only my computer could use the internet, which is no good.

Can anyone help??
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2004 04:51
you prolly need to set up Port Fowarding on the router and point that traffic to the IP address that is running the game server - are you sure you have the bandwidth to do this? Your downstream may be fine but your upstream is very limited. You upstream is the donstream for all the clients...You may have a traffic issue unless there are only a few people playing.

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - July, 2004 * Click Logo
Rye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2004 05:09
i only play on having about 6 players. I cant see any port forwarding page on my router settings. Is this the same:

ID Public Port Private Port Port Type Host IP Address
1 2000 80 TCP 10.0.0.6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Use the following form to add special port that you want to be opened for your special application

ID Public Port Private Port Port Type Host IP Address
TCP
UDP
Settings need to be saved to Flash and the system needs to be rebooted for changes to take effect.

Number of Virtual Servers 1

That was the virtual server page.
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I play 2K4 too, and I was just going to suggest not allowing more than eight players. Sometimes it doesn't matter though if you get 56K players on there (believe it or not, people do!)

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
Rye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2004 05:36
@hzence, what is your player name. Mine is Rye. i am always on the jolt.co.uk invasion server.
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
My player name is typically H-Zence, but I change it every now and then. I'll add you to buddies though and maybe see you sometime, on your server

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
Rye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2004 05:50
Yeah, if i can get it going!

Im gonna mess around with the virtual server stuff and hopefully get it going.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2004 06:17
Ryan, I would "tell" the router to forward any traffic (udp & tcp) for port# gameportnumber to the machine ip that is running the server. This steps to accomplish this varies from one router manufacturer to another.

check your router's documentation on how to do this

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - July, 2004 * Click Logo
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2004 06:33
I play too, though only on the demo so far. And I've been banned from every instagib server, cause all the noobs think I cheat and refuse to believe that someone could be that much better than them.

You sure your ping doesn't say n/a cause it's your computer? It'd be kinda bad to have a time delay connecting to your own machine.

"eureka" - Archimedes
SubNova
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to make a dedicated server too, but can't help anyone for lack of knowledge. I play GOTY and in the future, UT 2k4, and my name is ALWAYS IronCondor (later [Apollo]IronCondor).

Death by skill, not by force.-Iron Condor
Now in Apollo Clan initiation!!!
DeepBlue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2004 13:16
Ryan

Seems you have an Aceex/Connexant AWR51/2 Router or similar.

You need to configure the following under Virtual Server Configuration.

ID - Public Port - Private Port - Port Type - Host IP Address
nn - 7777 - 7777 - UDP - (Local LAN IP Address )
nn - 7778 - 7778 - UDP - (Local LAN IP Address )
nn - 7787 - 7787 - UDP - (Local LAN IP Address )
nn - 28902 - 28902 - TCP - (Local LAN IP Address )
nn - 80 - 80 - TCP - (Local LAN IP Address )

*nn should be auto numbered for new entries.
*(Local LAN address is the IP adrress of your local PC i.e. 10.0.0.6 etc ).
*The last entry on port 80 is port set via listen port [UT2004.INI] that the webadmin runs on (does not have to be 80 upto you ).

Not sure why you already have an external port 2000 configured to point to an internal port of 80 (usually HTTP), but I'm sure you know.

You also need to reconfigure your UT2004.ini file but theres plenty about that on the web.

DeepBlue

The coder formerly known as Twynklet.
Rye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2004 07:00
thanx, that 200 80 thing is my brothers, for his server or something. i will try adding those.
Rye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2004 07:07
just tried, didnt work. the only option i can see is to use my old modem oh well

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:30:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:30:38